OLTL Tribute Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Actually, I think Lemay grew to understand soaps. However, the industry changed -- and not for the better.

Plus, if we're going to look at friendships with JFP as a liability, then we might as well add Nancy Curlee to that list. :)

As for Malone, though, I've said before that I felt he paid lip service to OLTL's history, despite Megan's death and all those consultations with AN. If Malone truly cared about the show's history, then why is it I felt as if I watching a brand-new show, with an all-new cast, every time I tuned in? Heck, even Ron Carlivati did a better job of reaching into the show's past and using it to enhance the current stories, IMO.

• Members

We're going to have to agree to disagree, particularly the last comment (IMHo it was Ron who played lip service to the show's past, I would hate to have seen Malone and Griffith do the same). It can be argued that Malone should have tried harder to bring on less new characters, and reached into the show's past more. But, as you said, the show really was in dire states. I don't think his overhaul was as total as other successful ones, like Monty's at GH, at any rate.

• Members

When she left she said it was because they did nothing with her. If they had tried, I wonder if she would have stayed. I guess they would have used her in the RJ story but that was never about Sheila.

As for Malone and history, I think he did genuinely care about some of the show's history. Dorian/Viki, for instance. He used Wanda until Marilyn Chris left. He still used Larry, whereas JFP or whoever dumped the man by the roadside. Unfortunately there is a time when rewriting history in the past damages the show in the future - and I think in the long run Todd and the Victor rewrites effectively killed the show.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

I sometimes forget that Sheila was introduced during the final year or so of the Rauch era. Were there any noticable differences in her character from that time to when Gottlieb and Malone arrived (not counting relationships, just the character herself)?

The part about NW's Max & Sheila possibly being a couple is interesting. I wonder what she & JDP's Max would've been like together.

Speaking of which: how late in 1991 did NW leave? Wasn't there a period of time between his departure and JDP coming back?

Edited by MissLlanviewPA