OLTL Tribute Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I recalled that Cusi Cram's Cassie had come up recently here, and had been watching a lot of the 81-82 episodes featuring her lately. Re: the rumors about her firing, I wondered if Robin Strasser had voiced her thoughts online as she is known to do. Sure enough:

• Members

I think Robin wanted the audience to sympathize with Cassie and build support for Cram by making Dorian the heavy in the storyline, which TPTB objected to. I agree it's not the greatest idea.

She looks worse in her final episodes (on YT, and quite downbeat IMO) but in fairness, at that point she is a fugitive on the run with the equally rough-looking and physically injured Steve Piermont.

Edited by Vee

• Members

In another set of Tweets, Robin shared that Holly was her favorite Cassie.

Robin did an interview back in the ‘90s where she intimated that Laura had a tough go of it adjusting to work with Robin coming off of Elaine. Robin told her, “I may be your second Dorian but you’re my fourth Cassie!”

Edited by SFK

• Members

Ha!

To be fair, she and Holly were trading Tweets when Robin called her her favorite, but I still believe her as Robin doesn’t tend to buIIshit about that kind of stuff. I think it’s a quality of herself that she sees in others. For instance, she just adored the little demanding diva Hayden Panettiere.

I have an old SOD somewhere with a nice professional photo of Holly and her dad who I believe was a photographer. I haven’t watched too much of her stuff on YouTube. Laura is my Cassie, good, bad, or indifferent.

• Members

To be clear Robin seems to like Laura a lot as well. I'm very surprised she prefers Gagnier of all of them, who I didn't despise but who had a lot of bimbo storylines, but Robin has always been wacky.

What is odd is Robin also said she didn't know Ellen Holly well (yes I searched 'holly' for Robin's Twitter), but I think EH said the opposite in her book. Fog of war, I suppose.

I am curious how the Rob Coronal redux story with Gagnier ended in - 1987? 88? Last I saw on YT, though I haven't watched everything in that period, Rob was literally scheming to kill Herb (I think it was Herb? Bo? Asa?) or something. I didn't know Rob was an actual villain.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Am semi-following along with the latest 1989 uploads. I'm glad that they resolved the mystery of what happened to Gilbert/Virgil at the time of the double wedding. Also, you hardly need a degree to guess who's going to be the laughing woman behind that sanitarium door.