OLTL Tribute Thread

• Members

While I won’t get involved in this mishegoss of soap scans being held hostage on account of my sins, I do want to apologize for hurting your feelings, @allmc2008.

In a release of pent-up frustration with your posts of late, I made what in the moment felt like a very on brand reference with little regard to it being hurtfully received. For that, I am truly sorry. I have had nice interactions with you over the years and I hope you will be receptive when attention is called to posts that come across as rude, regardless of intention. We’ve both been around here long enough to know that abrasive posts get abrasive responses. I am not proud of stepping out of character, and I will certainly hold myself accountable and take a few moments to consider if I’m being rude, mean spirited, or nasty before clicking “Submit Reply”.

Some recent uploads to get us back on track!

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Guy Davis, who played Dr. Josh Hall #3 on One Life to Live, was nominated for a Grammy award Best Traditional Blues Album. .   These were given out today and tonight.   He was nominated for the album Be Ready When I Call You.    The winner, however, was I Be Trying by artist Cedric Burnside.

• Members

Speaking of Olympia, isn't Rafe's role in all of this rather interesting?

He holds Olympia against her will and there are never any legal (or relationship) consequences.

Then, he winds up married to Samantha and presumably inherits her divorce settlement when she dies.  And then he hooks up with Deliliah and gets half of her settlements from both Asa and Bo's divorces. 

If he was written (or played) by anyone else Rafe would have been seen as quite a mastermind...

• Members

David Renaldi (or maybe Reynolds when he first came to Llanview - I cannot remember) came to town as the new conductor of the symphony orchestra.   He was also a pianist, but did not perform on that instrument professionally.  He may have also composed.

I cannot remember who Sonya was.   Could someone refresh my memory?

Also Delilah Garretson was not ever declared legally dead, so I don't think that Rafe received any divorce settlement money from her estate.   She disappeared the first time, and then it was revealed that she had been imprisoned with Bo and Didi in Europe.   She returned to Rafe, although her clothing buisness had been ruined by Gabrielle.   Did she leave town with Sami and Rafe?   I know that she returned in the episode in which all of Asa's living wives appeared.

Rafe was anything except plotting.   He was hired to keep Olympia by his cousin Asa.   I think that Rafe had been told that she was crazed.   He probably felt guilty when the truth was revealed and he knew how how he had been used to Asa for dishonorable purposes.  

I understand that Mr. Meeker now is involved with charitable work to help others.   His character was a heroic one who would never have intentionally hurt any other character knowingly.

Edited by danfling

• Members

which Melinda? 1970's, 1980's or 1990's Melinda, i get the impression she was rebooted every decade

Curious Tought was there another Masquerade Ball since 1981? i seen to have a memory of Dorian in a 18th Century gown, but i guess it wasn't from 1981

• Members

@Marco Dane Thanks for posting that episode.

It's always a treat to see characters I've really only read about to see how they are truly portrayed. 

I can see why Jenny ended up leaving the Sisterhood for Tim as Tom Berenger was gorgeous. I had no idea he was so gruff, and Tony such a pig. I wish Cathy got her chance to slap him. Anyone else kind of see a resemblance between George Reinholt and Jonathon McClendon, who played Chase Jannings on DAYS

I always had the impression Cathy was kind of neurotic, but Dorrie Kavanaugh's version comes off very cool as well. It's fascinating that we got to see a time so close to when Megan devastatingly passes away. We're also apparently close to Steve Burke's exit as well. Can someone tell me how his story ended? Seeing him for the first time as well, Bernie Grant as Steve comes off mature, but kind and secure in himself, so I can understand how Viki could have fallen for him.

It's too bad we couldn't see Carla do more, but it was still nice to see her, and Doris Belack as Anna feels so effortless. It must have been a huge loss when she left the role.

Edited by Bright Eyes

• Members

Wikipedia lists her as practicing day and night on the late 1970's and trying to recapture her career what destroys her marriage but failing and losing it again, thanks for the info i sure would've liked to see some of those

this isn't exactly new, it was previously posted on George Meyer's channel not sure if it's still on, with a couple of other 2 1977 episodes Both with Kathy Glass as Jenny, as well as the Last Cathy Craig and a rare glimpse at THe original Karen Wolek and Claire Malis' Grey Dorian

well later she became Melinda 2.0 i belive when the last actress came in 

Cathy was Neurotic on 2 accounts she began as a teen who later turns into a Drug Addicted and near the end she was mentally unstable ultimately she lost it, Dorrie was Great when i first saw this I WAS AMAZED, because i only knew her for her mute Role on DS