OLTL Tribute Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

OLTL tried their best to keep Powell on canvas, but I feel they had enough on their hands already with redeeming Todd. Redeeming two rapists simultaneously? I don't care how good Michael Malone or his team might've been. That's simply too much work for one soap opera to accomplish.

OTOH, it might've been nice if they had given the third rapist, Zach Rosen, some semblance of humanity. I didn't need him to be a tortured soul like Todd, or a wet-nosed puppy dog like Powell, but I definitely needed something more than the one-dimensional, unrepentant bastard he was even when he returned for that ridiculous "Todd wasn't the only rapist!" history lesson from RC.

• Members

I have some questions and I'm hoping someone can help me please. I've been watching the great "OLTL Clint & Viki's Love Story" clips on youtube and finally saw the storyline of the Lord/Manning plant. Having been only 7 when the story first played out, I hadn't realized that the original actor who played Harry was replaced, but getting back to my questions lol. How was it that Harry never recognized Niki was Viki?? They spent so much time working together trying to save the plant prior to the Viki/Niki story! Was this ever mentioned or brought up???? Did it bug anyone else at the time it originally aired, and were longtime fans upset with the rewrite of Niki having been involved with Harry during the time when she was involved with Vinny??

• Members

I just mentioned the whole Niki/Vinnie thing a page ago. I thought it was strange that Niki was so "ga-ga" over Harry "back 15 years ago" but back then she was very madly in love with Vinnie Wolek. Unless she came out after Vinnie realized it was Viki and Viki was in the process of getting help. Niki could have come out during that time (off screen) and had a few dates with Harry O'neil...knowing Vince would turn her over to Joe Riley so he could get Viki some help. that's always possible.

Your other question... it did feel weird that Harry didn't know Viki was really Niki. I could understand "15 years ago" because he didn't know Victoria very well and only saw her a few times when she came into the plant with Victor. and of course Niki had the red wig, crazy clothes and thick make-up. but i thought it was weird that he didn't put it together in 1985 since he worked closly with Viki in 1984. I don't think he ever knew because he was murdered before most poeple found out about NIki.

Of course remember Niki fooled Clint (in 1985) and Ben Davidson (in 2002) by pretending to be Viki for months without them knowing it was Niki being Viki. Niki even slept with Ben and he had no idea it wasn't his wife. Part of the reason Clint started suspecting something was up was because Niki wouldn't sleep with him.

• Members

Thanks for the response BKuzak. Although I barely remember this story, I do remember my family watching OLTL religiously at this time and being absolutely enthralled with it! As I watch now, I seem to be finding more holes in the story than I would like lol. Maybe because I found the DID story that played out years later under Malone to be more realistic. It’s also weird to see this softer version of Niki. As you pointed out, the 70's version and every other version of Niki other than this one was so different from Viki. This version is too close to Viki for it to be believable to me that Harry never recognized her.

Edited by oltl1

• Members

i'm just greatful to see this story at all. I started watching in the early 1990's so i've only seen a few clips of Niki with the red wig. Even the stuff on youtube...most of it was of later Niki or during the trial. Thanks to whoever is making this "Viki & Clint love story", i'm really getting to see Niki in the red wig and Viki falling apart because of it. Although i have to laugh at some of Viki's 80's outfits and big jewlery (as Viki) and Viki's big hair in some scenes. LOL

I too loved the DID story of 1995. It was amazing from begining to end (although i thought it was more amazing when i saw it years later on youtube without all the other storylines getting in the way.) but i thought this 1985 storyline had a lot of "steps/layers" too. starting with Tina looking for her father and then Niki coming out without Viki realizing it. Then when Jenny Renoldie got involved. then when Clint finally found out that Niki was back. then when Niki took over completely after trial. and then when Niki was pretending to be Viki... fooling everyone except Tina. then when Clint found out it was Niki and tried to woo her to bring Viki back. then at the end when Viki finally came back and everyone except Clint thought she was still Niki playing Viki because Niki had been doing it for months. I can't wait to see more of this story. and like i said before, it's so much better without all the other lame storylines that took up airtime.

Edited by BKuzak

• Members

I think we're all confused about that. Or, using the royal "we," I'm confused. This thread has far more discussion, but also more backog. There's another thread in this section, which some have used to talk about the Soapnet repeats. I'm sure we'll all read either way.