OLTL Tribute Thread

• Members

To me, though, it all felt like sound and fury. Yes, the possibility that Dorian had withheld Victor's medication, thereby causing his fatal attack, was huge, and something that had been in the back of long-time viewers' minds for years. However, unless the writers were willing to go all the way and have Dorian be punished with lethal injection, or even life imprisonment, what was the point? And to be perfect and frank? I would not have minded if Dorian had died as a result of "her" crime, since I felt no one understood how the old girl ticked anymore, and hadn't for a very long time. (Plus, as sick as this might sound, imagine if Viki had learned down the road that she, herself, had murdered her own father...and that Dorian had paid instead for the crime with her life?)

Frankly, I'd much rather seen Dorian learn the other big secret at that point -- namely, that Viki was not the one who had voted to have her removed from Llanview Hospital all those years ago, despite Dorian's beliefs to the contrary.

Edited by Khan

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Dorian did learn that secret, in 2003.

Viki casually mentioned it to her at a chat after they escaped their plane crash in Saranac. Dorian looked shocked. Cut to commercial. 30 minutes later, their segment returns and Dorian is leaving Llanfair - "I'm glad we got that out of the way."

Thank you, Brian Frons.

• Members

I remember that, too. When they did deal with it, they tossed it off completely like it wasn't a big deal.

Yeah, thanks, Bri.

She objected, because it (the knowledge that she, and no one else, had killed Victor) was always part of the subtext that RS had created for Dorian's actions. You know how she is about that stuff (not that I blame her).

Edited by Khan

• Members

IIRC, one of the questions RS asked then-EP Joseph Stuart before taking the role was, "Did Dorian actually kill Victor?". Stuart's response: "Yes, but we're not going to deal with that." (Of course, I'm paraphrasing.) So I believe RS has always played Dorian with that information in the back of her mind.

• Members

I believe Robin's exact words quoting Joe were, "It didn't happen", and she countered that she SAW it happen. She said in another interview that she watched at the time and she thinks she would have played the scene a little differently than Nancy Pinkerton (would love to know exactly what she meant by that as I never saw the original scene). But yeah, she has said that the root of Dorian's neuroses as she played her came from the guilt of letting Victor suffer and soon die. She equated it to the scene from Little Foxes.

• Members

Robin was entirely responsible for Dorian becoming the glamourpuss. It was her suggestion that for a wealthy woman, Dorian didn't dress particularly well and the creative team took her lead and gave the character all of the flashy threads. It's my theory that while at AMC, Robin saw what fun they were having with the Erica character, who she first realized on AW as Rachel, and as she has said, she basically took her Rachel and aged her now under the auspices of wealth for her portrayal of Dorian.

Robin was entirely responsible for Dorian becoming the glamourpuss. It was her suggestion that for a wealthy woman, Dorian didn't dress particularly well and the creative team took her lead and gave the character all of the flashy threads. It's my theory that while at AMC, Robin saw what fun they were having with the Erica character, who she first realized on AW as Rachel, and as she has said, she basically took her Rachel and aged her now under the auspices of wealth for her portrayal of Dorian.

• Members

Dorian out and out said she killed Victor in 2007. I don't know if I believed it, but I think it was more explicitly put there - however randomly - to cast doubt on the 2003 story where Malone foolishly revived Victor. Dorian addresses it with "if that was him..." In typical Carlivati work, this would be a lead-in to a future retcon of a bad story/explanation, but they never touched it again.

I always preferred that Viki did it, but w/e.

• Members

I think the best part of the story, whether it was Dorian or Viki that did it, is that Dorian protected Viki, while at the same time used it as a means to power and wealth. So in the end, since in both scenario's that fact remains, it doesn't really matter to me who did it. It's just the merry go ground that's bothersome and annoying.

Edited by Bright Eyes

• Members

I'm with Dorian: no way could General Sternwood have been the resurrected Victor Lord. Clearly, he was some actor whom Mitch had paid to impersonate him in order to [!@#$%^&*] with Viki once again; and at the convenient moment, Mitch helped him avoid capture and incarceration by faking his death.

Damn! Too bad OLTL isn't on anymore! I could so see a story where Clint and Viki, while honeymooning somewhere in Arizona or Texas, cross paths with "Victor," who is working with some local theater company on one production or another, and start to unravel the whole darned mystery.

Edited by Khan