OLTL Tribute Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

What i was suprised at was "Lord Manning" was aparently run by Victor Lord and Irene Manning's father. Viki talked about that to Tina when she came to town. it makes things more twisted that Victor would sleep with not only his daughter's roomate but his business partner's daughter. A man he obviouisly thought enough of to go into business with. it makes it weirder, although they didn't press on that part during the story.

• Members

very nice photo of Gillian Spencer as Viki. I've seen the ones of her with joe and Victor (her in that outfit) but not one of her alone. she was so young. i'm glad she had more sucess as Dasiey on AMC. Suprisingly people adored her more for that role than her OLTL or ATWT roles. of course it helped that James Mitchell always said in interviews that he thought Palmer's best match was Dasiey.

I still wouldn't mind seeing her as Viki. I know she played Viki very different than Erika has. of course at the time the "world" of Llanview didn't center around Viki. She was just Victor Lord's very proper daughter who had issues. it wasn't until Erika came into the role that they really started putting Viki more front and center. and then starting in 1985 with the Niki storyline, they saw how great an actress she really was and really centered everything else around her. they took her to Eterna, Heaven, played her great grandmother in the old west, she ran for mayor, had a stroke......all these front burner storylines one right after the other. She became the leading lady of Llanview. I wonder if they would have done that if Gillian had stayed in the role.

• Members

Did anyone who actually knew Ivan prior to 1985 ever realize that he returned besides Cassie, Rob and the younger set. I know he later worked in the hospital and Jenny realized he was back during the David storyline, but not much was made of it. It seems they wasted some story not playing on his past with Dorian and Larry. I never understand why they brought him back in the first place.