OLTL Tribute Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Yes that clip is Erika playing Niki. that 1985 story was a little werid i thought. I mean when Erika played her in 1978 scenes "from the 60's", she acted very much like the Niki we all knew later on. She smoked, she was crude and trashy. but then in 1985 it was like they wanted to rebirth Niki. In the begining of the storyline, she spoke sweet, she didn't drink much and she liked to dance. she wasn't the sexpot she was before or since. and she mostly wore girly dresses instead of the typical Niki clothes that were tight and wilder. It wasn't until later when she was pretending to be Viki to stay out of the looney bin that she started changing into a more agressive Niki.

• Members

I thought during that time that Viki was going to be revealed as the mother of one of the O'Neill daughters - probably Joy because the show, when Kristen Vigard left, hired Julie Ann Johnson to play Joy. Julie Ann Johnson had a strong resemblance to Erika Slezak to me. (This was before if was revealed that Viki actually did have an older daughter).

• Members

I'm sure OLTL's writers at that time named it the Lord-Manning plant as a nod to history, since it had been established long ago how Viki and Irene were old college friends. However, according to her interview with Brandon's Buzz, Susan Bedsow Horgan, who wrote the breakdown for the episode that introduced Todd (or "Rapist #3," as he was originally referred to), named him Todd Manning completely unaware of the history. It's only afterward, when the show realized they wanted to keep Roger Howarth, that they decided to tie it all back to Irene.