AMC Tribute Thread

• Members

I noticed in back pages that 1989 was seen as a refocusing kind of year.. which included the replacement of Broderick with Depriest. How long did Depriest last as head-writer? What stories did she introduce that werent introduced during Broderick's era? Were there any stories that carried over when Agnes Nixon took over the reigns again?

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I freaking LOVE David and Erica. They were INSANELY hot. I hate, hate, hate that they never got back together as planned. Vincent and Susan have both said that they were told that Agnes wanted Erica single and unattached to deal with Bianca coming out, so that's why David and Erica broke up. They were both reportedly told that David and Erica would get back together after Bianca came out, but for some reason, that was dropped, and for what? For the utter crap that was David obsessing over Dixie? For Erica to end up with Chris Stamp? Ugh. What a waste.

Erica had a man who loved HER just as she was, who could look her in the eyes when her face was scarred and tell her that she was still beautiful and always would be. She had a man who could put up with her schemes and manipulations, who could scheme right along with her, a man who didn't cheat on her or abandon her. After Erica accepted his proposal, they got into a fight, which continued at her house and only ended when Bianca walked in. Instead of giving up on her and walking out on her like a zillion other men did, he stayed with them, made them both dinner and refused to let her kick him out and run from him. This man was EVERYTHING Erica needed, and TPTB threw it all away and replaced it with utter garbage. I'm still bitter about that.

• Members

SFK has more AMC clips up. 1996-era material, including an entire episode. Here's one, featuring the debut of Lee Meriwether as Ruth, and the short-lived Pierece temp recast, Greg Wrangler.

I didn't remember Lee being dressed like an animal trainer, or how cold she was early on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUKFym4kqIk

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

It's weird how, when I watch these again, my opinions are about the same as they were at the time - I still think Noah is a self-righteous bore who had one crap story after another. Still think Maria is a crybaby bore. Still like Trevor (when he's not shouting). Still can't quite shake the feeling - completely unimplied by the writing, but there you go - that Michael and Trevor had some sort of unspoken...thing at this time. Still like Kelsey no matter what. Still pissed off about the arm-grabbing and threats against women that permeated this era, with the constant implication that the women deserved it.

Tad is like everyone's least favorite bitchy gay uncle. Bleh.