AMC Tribute Thread

• Members

Random SOD mention #3...

I was looking at the new SOD, in the store. They interview Eva La Rue. She gets a few bashes in at AMC again, for old time's sake. She mentions how disappointed she was in the finale, as she had expected more montages and goodbyes, and to cry, and instead there was too much of the story planned for the move to the Internet. She said she only cried once, at Tad's speech, and almost when Stuart/Adam reunited.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I'm not sure she would have wanted to see that either tongue.png

Anyway, she talks some about the cancelation of CSI Miami and I think a jewelry line, too.

SOD put on the cover that an AMC star hated the finale (I don't think she said "hated" though).

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

Well, the Chandlers didn't get a montage, but I understand that it was a little hard to fit it into the landscape that was the Chandlers storyline. Adam had Stuart back, but still estranged from JR. Brooke brought back the Chandler Mansion, and Adam and Brooke became engaged, but those details didn't unravel until the last episode, and it would have taken away from the rest of the cast to try and insert a Chandler montage at that point.

• Members

I get where she's coming from, but I feel that most of the things she wanted to see in the last hour were covered, intentionally or unintentionally, over the last year. Through all of the silliness, there was a definite sense of culmination in those final months. Of course, I wanted to see a nice long nostalgia fest at the end, but "a full hour of montages" of clips that were already shown for the 20th anniversary, 25th anniversary, 30th anniversary, 35th anniversary, 40th anniversary, Mona's funeral, Phoebe's funeral, Myrtle's funeral, Palmer's funeral, and any of the other tons of episodes that relied heavily on flashbacks (including several in the last year) wouldn't have been very effective, IMO.

• Members

I feel like I've seen Eva La Rue complaining about AMC stuff for years now, and while I can get the reasons, it just all blurs together. I also think AMC was all montaged out. It's the same reason why I was one of the people who didn't hate their 40th anniversary.

• Members

I kind of agree as well. I didn't really want the montages but less focus on Project Orpheus and JR's beakdown would've been nice. I could've accepted Stuart, Dixie and Zach coming back from the dead for whatever reason, even within the three months it happened without an entire project focused on it.

• Members

That's one thing I have been complaining about. Every anniversary they show the same flashbacks! I wish they showed more variety after the 25th year because it became predictable on what they where going to show. They could have at least shown different flashbacks of the same story lines they are trying to showcase. I wish they showed flashbacks of "Raising Kane", "Chicken Shack", Tara/Phill, Kitty (or Kelly)/Linc. I know they have them. Didn't Agnes sell AMC to ABC in 1975 only if ABC agreed to to keep Master copy's of the episodes from 75' onward?? If so they could have shown Brooke finding her real mom in the homeless shelter, Phoebe meeting Myrtle for the first time to break up Linc and Kitty (or was it Kelly), then show a montage of footage of the Linc/Kitty (or Kelly) romance from that point onward?? They could have shown montages like that for all the Anniversaries after the 25th instead of repeating the same ones over again.

Oh, they could have shown the the clip when Ruth found out Phil died and even footage of Anne/Paul!!