AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I saw Joan again a little while ago. Joan's not going to go down without a fight.

Can't you see Joan as Helen Marsh - imagine the power of those performances.

I do like that shot of Gloria. It reminds me of T'Pau or one of those other 80's offbeat pop groups.

• Members

In some of my more "out there" moments, I kind of wish that there'd been some way to retcon Greenlee to be Jack and Erica's daughter. I know it never would have worked - Erica didn't meet Jack until 1987, Erica was in high school when Greenlee was born, Erica had already had Kendall, etc., etc., but I always thought that Greenlee looked far more like Erica than Alicia Minshew's Kendall ever did. Kendall had dark hair and a skinny body going for her, and that was about the only thing that screamed "Erica's daughter" to me in terms of her physical appearance. Rebecca Budig, on the other hand, has the same tiny build as Susan Lucci, along with the dark eyes, and she's got the tan complexion that Walt Willey has and she sometimes has blond-ish hair.

tumblr_lwrysm0enL1r63y35o1_400.jpg

Edited by ellabelle

• Members

I thought Greenlee was fabulously bitchy pre-Ryan, and she definitely fell into the love to hate category for me. It worked too at the time because Bianca was the anti-Erica... because, you know, heaven forbid Erica's daughter be a lesbian AND a bitch. After Ryan... eh... but I will confess to liking Greenlee with David.

• Members

I loved watching the episodes posted to YT from the 1980s when Adam first came to town, before anyone knew that Stuart even existed. I read last night that Stuart's existence was such a huge mystery that only a handful of people at AMC knew where the story was going. They even kept the news from Susan Lucci, and her character was romantically involved with Adam. The problem with that apparently came when Susan was doing a scene with David Canary playing Stuart pretending to be Adam, and she had no clue why he was behaving so oddly - she thought he was supposed to be playing Adam. After a couple of scenes like that, she was apparently freaked out enough that someone finally had to clue her in. blink.png David Canary said he had a great time with those few scenes where Susan had no idea what was going on, that the expressions she was shooting him during filming were priceless. tongue.png