AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

That Charlie scene was like straight out of Kids of Degrassi Street. Tara sounded so fake and cliche, Charlie was the most realistic character in the room, and Tad's dorkitude really cracks me up. OMG, and did you see that kiss?? Joe's clinical, considered dialogue about sex was so awkward and here he's talking to his own wife.

Was that Rick Bauer in that Country Time Lemonade commercial? That commercial reminds me of Opal's campaign video: "I love to see a black cop on a motorcycle next to a little white boy! biggrin.png *freeze frame*"

I love vintage Erica but she's a little cloying here. "Why Tom, whatever do you mean?" rolleyes.gif Wow, so Erica's not at all famous at this point?

Is the implication that Mona and Charles spent most of their time in the hotel room? raspberry.gif

Edited by SFK

• Members

Jonathan if you're going to say that at least say it like Phoebe would.

I think it's kind of sweet. At heart Erica still seems like a lonely and yearning girl here, although the painting business was ridiculous; I'm sure evne at this time she could have done better. And I can't imagine Erica ever cleaning a room, even to get a man.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

THIS!! I always got the sense there was something dangerous lurking... like she had quite a full life.

And yet...they never really explored her family. Wasn't her mother on for just a bit and she was like a religious nut? Memory faulty here...

• Members

Totally, there was something about her eyes, which were always kind of puffy, that looked like she'd lived a rough life. And how her voice was always a husky whisper.

I think you're right about her mom, I don't remember that but I believe Eric has mentioned it before.

• Members

LOL That's my video (I'm Eric Henwood-Greer)! I was just going to edit the video description and title now and then saw you posted it,. LOL Yes, May 28, 1980.

Me too--sadly that's all I have, but glad you're getting so much out of them. I'm going to go to my brother's this eekend and digitze some more of my VHS's

Yes her mom was clearly modelled after Piper Laurie in Carrie. She was on maybe a week but made a huge impression on me for some reason (I assume it was early in Gloria's run and was partly to make her more sympathetic--or at least explain where she was coming from).

Edited by EricMontreal22

• Members

My brother has a DVD/VCR combo machine I use. I really need to get down and do the final 4 months of City, etc... The only other truly old AMC I have is two tapes of edits someone sent me in the early 90s from 1983, but I think most of the episodes are now on youtube (although it does contain a lot of the lesbian storyline so maybe there would be some interest there as I think that's not easily available...)

Aww I loved her, especially during the Adam Stuart story. For some reason I always felt like i could relate to her (which as a 12 year old boy is kinda a scary thought...)