AMC Tribute Thread

• Members

That clip shows the best and worst of Boyd Dumrose's set design work at AMC IMO. The original SOS was HIDEOUS. It was as if they packed aluminum foil, Christmas tree tinsel, and any can of paint they could find into a canon, set it off and voila! Roger Mooney re-faced the set in 2001 and, while it lost the "salsa" flavor, it was a dramatic improvement (I think they also ditched the slew of background dancers at the same time which helped a lot).

Erica's "citrus" house, on the other hand, was one my most favorite sets. I wonder what the behind-the-scenes reason was for getting rid of it.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Thanks. Never seen these before. What a hideous suit to put Phil, the young male lead, in. That drinking photo of Amy and Ruth's husband (Ted?) is interesting, as I thought the story was the characters never liked each other. I never knew they took that very stylish photo of the first Kate, since she didn't last long. Or was that the actress' own headshot?

• Members

The person with Amy is actually her husband, Lincoln Tyler then played by Paul Dumont. Ted was a more overweight, scruffy guy.

I bet they took stylish photos of all the original cast members for the press, we have just not been so lucky as to see very many of them.

Edited by AMCHistory

• Members

I love/loved Peter White. He brought so much to a role that was considered so long forgettable. It was such a treat when he and Francesca James would make their Christmas time cameos in the 80's.

There were actually 3 Lincs before Peter White, including the actor who played Victor Collins on Port Charles.

• Members

+1 - Those were always great and added such a touch of realism. And I didn't even realise there were other Lincs- that was way before my time.

I'm not sure if that's the actress' personal headshot or a publicity photo- its was in the ABC archives so I assume its from some sort of show related photoshoot

February 1970:

114672452.jpg

124928114.jpg

114673223.jpg

91628885.jpg

91628841.jpg

September 1970:

91628858.jpg