Homeland: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

laugh.png OK, implanted in his mind might be going too far, but could it be completely real? It just seems like too much of a coincidence. Like the universe aligned to make nazir's greatest wish come true. I might buy it if that is the incident that turned Nazir into a terrorist in the first place, but we know that' s not true.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Yeah, we don't really know why Nazir wanted Brody, or how Brody was brought to Nazir, and we don't know what Nazir wanted Brody for before the US bombed Nazir's place. Maybe things shifted once Nazir's kid was killed. I hope we see more of the Nazir/Brody backstory - it's very interesting.

• Administrator

Nazir: "Why kill a man when you can kill an idea?"

I'm glad Brody's going to be pursuing this but I wonder how they're going to make this exciting to watch since it's not "life and death". I thought Nazir's plan was brilliant - using Walker as the sniper to get Brody pass the metal detector so he can blow everyone up. And since Nazir had no further use for Walker, he tells Brody to kill him.

Hope Damien Lewis gets an Emmy nod this year. He's so good in this role.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • Members

That was a very powerful episode. In general, this season has been just as tense and densely plotted as the first season. It never feels boring and it's never like 24 which often felt like they were stalling or making things up as it went along. I still question if it's possible to do a third season of the Brody drama, but I'm loving it for now. Can't wait for the final episodes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Wow! What a season finale! Even after his death, Nazir got his wish of having a mass murder on American soil - which was the season's big plot. I thought the attack wouldn't happened since they Nazir was caught. So the supposed attack at the Army base on the troops and their family was just part of his mind games and not the real target. The real target was killing the Vice President and then eventually everyone at his funeral which happened CIA headquarters.

What an amazing set of sequences: the scenes cutting back and forth between Brody/Carrie, David Estes giving a eulogy, Nazir's body being prepared for sea burial, and just as the explosion goes off, Nazir's body is dumped into the ocean. Then as Carrie comes too, she immediately thinks Brody caused the explosion and pulls a gun on him. Man, I was on the edge of seat. So much suspense, so much tension.

I loved how Brody's confession tape came back into play, that Nazir's terrorist group double crossed Brody and used him/framed him for the explosion. Of course there's also the question of if Brody was really responsible for the explosion and he did finally go through with his plan from season 1. I personally don't believe Brody was in on explosion.

What a visual moment to see all those 200+ wrapped up dead bodies laying side by side, row by row, and then Saul saying a prayer.

I love this show! I would not be surprised if the show won Best Drama at the Emmys again, along with Claire Daines and Damien Lewis winning the Lead Actor/Actress category.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I started watching this show a few weeks ago, instantly got addicted & then rapidly watched both seasons just so I could get to watch the finale in time. Overall, best TV drama ever IMO! Just noticed the thread here!

While the season 2 finale was filled with lots of tension and drama, I was not happy w/how things ended! Ugh! I was hoping it would be revealed that Brody still was a terrorist & he weaseled his way into escaping after the explosion. I don't like how things seem to be shaping up for season 3. If It's going to be all about Carrie & Brody's love story, and Carrie trying to track Brody and keep him safe on the down low or w/e, I'll find that really disappointing. Thank GOD she decided not to go on the run with him.

I'm hoping there's still a chance Brody is a terrorist. Remember when he lied to Carrie that nothing else happened while he was kidnapped by Nazier? (When something totally did: we saw a flashback of him & Nazier praying together). I really hope thats referenced back to in the next reason. I need for it to be revealed that Brody duped Carrie again. LOL.

But there's so much I love about this show though. Some memorable scenes for me. Actually, more like sequences:

The best damn sequence on this show for me will always be the suicide bomb/suitcase disaster. The lead up to that was PERFECT! I did not see that mess coming! I loved the buildup to it happening & I was just in total shock afterwards. What a flawlessly executed/edited moment.

The aftermath of the drone attack when Brody was pacing through the wreckage looking for Issa.

Walker shooting at the white house. Just that little moment where the camera was focused on him aiming the gun and there was this subtle ringing sound playing lowly in the background then suddenly everything went silent; My heart was pounding SO freaking hard & then BOOM! Liz Gaines gets assassinated instead & all hell breaks loose.

When Carrie was trying to escape from the Lebanese policeman that was following her. I loved how she changed her scarf and ended up getting away w/a smiley smirk on her face. LOL. Also the scenes in Beirut where she was running from the Lebanese thugs after she rummaged through that apartment. OMG! FREAKING INTENSE.

Brody and the tailor guy's scenes when they were headed for the safe house. I was done after Brody killed him. I had to take a break after that gruesome mess. LOL

• Members

I cannot believe more people here have not watched this stunning show! Basically just Toups & Juliajms? That's got to change!

It was great to see her for those two episodes. She was fantastic as usual. I was so sad when her character got killed off!

This probably all sounds so terrible but am I the only one that was hoping the terrorist attack at the end of season 1 would go through?....LOL. I just wanted to see some mass destruction! I wanted to see a CGI'd white house get blown up! LOL. I was like "NO! DAMN!" When Dana called Brody!

Speaking of Dana. Worst character/actress on the show IMO. Annoying and monotone as hell. Could NEVER stand her. I really wish a more versatile Actress had gotten that role.

• 8 months later...
  • Members

Watched all of Season 1 in a day and a half (less really, but I can't be bothered to figure out the exact hours lol). That is a record for me.

This show mixes spy thriller tension with dark, psychological drama with soapy elements and a mystery plot and I loved every single second. Lewis and Daines are absolutely amazing in their performances. Just started Season 2 and the first episode was great as well. I have no idea why I waited this long to start.

Archived