Homeland: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Finally this season is gaining traction.

I also never saw the twist coming, but it can't have been the plan from the beginning surely? Why would Carrie have banged her head against a mirror if she knew she was getting out of the psychiatric facility soon?

Also, can Dana and Leo and their crappy Camry go over a cliff Thelma and Louise style please?

• Members

I watched the after the show talk they do with the producers, so even though Carrie knew that it wasn't forever, it was still real for her. The message she had her father give to Saul was Carrie asking him to get her out, but Saul didn't. He made her stay in longer because he was hoping some other country would approach her. That's what their conversation was about at the end, when she said he should have gotten her out sooner and she couldn't go on.

I think it does make sense because she's really sick. I'm guessing she really did go off her meds, so that her breakdown would be convincing to everyone around her. She had no idea who was working for Iran (or whoever). They have that lawyer working for them, so one of the doctors or staff members at the hospital might have been compromised too.

• Members

Damn! I thought Carrie was going to Saul so that she could tell him about the lawyer guy and offer to spy for him. Didn't expect it was all part of a plan.

Dana could be dating a nasty psycho murderer. Fun! Can't wait to see her reaction to that!

• Administrator

I didn't see the twist coming either. I'm glad to see Carrie and Saul on the same side again. Another episode with no Brody. WTF. That and Dana's storyline (oh no! she's in danger! her boyfriend could be a killer! we have to save her!!) is really hurting the show.

• Members

The third ep was flawless! Were back on track. Loving the Brody/Venezuela stuff, they've captured that area of the country beautifully and I look forward to more. Can't believe Brody was absent AGAIN in the 4th ep!

I found the interactions between Brody and Esme to be very compelling, though I'm glad he ultimately declined to take her with him to the mosque. Don't think we needed that to happen. LOL.

Mike Faber! Great to see him back.

Good interview with showrunner Alex Gansa about the Carrie/Saul twist. He explains/defends everything, and also expresses how Dana haters drive him mad.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/10/21/homeland-season-3-interview/

• Members

Thanks for posting this! It was great to hear about their thinking process and how they approached things. I'm really glad to see they have a very solid plan for the season and my faith in them was not unfounded biggrin.png They way he teased it, sounds like we have great stuff in mind.

And yay for him defending Dana. I love me some Dana. She's one of those characters that just invite and multiply drama in their lives and I am here for every. damn, second of it!

The only thing I'm going to "complain" about is that I miss the FIRE that Brody and Carrie create when together. But they did give us the wonderful episode/setting of The Tower of David and I'm sure their reunion will be all the more thrilling when it happens.

• Members

The disdain I see is moreso towards Morgan Sailor who is absolutely dreadful! I love how Gansa dodged discussion on her and made it all about the character. I really think there wouldn't be so much controversy if she wasn't played by such a tick-laden mess!

She's just wretched. tongue.png

I gotta hand it to you, you did hold the faith & were right!

• Members

LMAO--I'm sure all y'all luuurved Dana breaking down in her room.

It was nice to see so much of Quinn again and the stuff with Saul was really great... you had no idea where it was going, until you learn that ass is going to be the new CIA lead. I shudder at the thought! And so much excitingness with Carrie finally meeting Javadi.

:D

• Members

^Sorry, I meant Episode 4 and 5 above.

This show is back on form again. I love the outguessing between Saul and Javadi.

Dar Adal is going to screw Saul over would be the expected linear narrative and this is Homeland, so maybe not...?

The scene where Javadi kills his ex-wife and daughter-in-law was turn-my-eyes-away-from-the-tv brutal.

Jessica, I don't know Angela either, but she drove Dana away from us, so she gets MVP this week!

I love Carrie and her OCD pregnancy pee test drawer.

• Administrator

The show is finally getting good again because now there's less focus on Dana and more on the CIA operation and the stakes are high again. Now that Dana's moved away, I hope we don't see her again until Brody gets back (if that happens). It sucks that he's not on at all except for that one episode. I couldn't get a read on Dar Adal either.....I'm going to guess he's going to screw Saul over.

• Members

ITA. I am tired of the mainstream media constantly slamming this show (and I HATE the expression "mainstream media" so let me qualify -- Huffington Post, Slate, The Atlantic constantly criticize this show and I'm over it.)

I loved Breaking Bad. But I do not need this show to be a remake of Breaking Bad. If I want to watch that, I will go back and re-watch it, and I'm sure I will some day. This show is more like the Melrose Place of the 21st Century, and there's nothing wrong with that. Love the curveballs they throw. Not the way I would write it, but would I need to watch it if it were?

Archived