Homeland: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

OMFG. OMFG! Every single last thing I thought while watching you posted here. I don't need to add anything except I LOVE the Quinn/Carrie dynamic here and thought Carrie was absolutely thrilling in these two episodes.

YES to Quinn sleeping with an overweight woman. I don't think I've ever seen anyone do this before.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

YES MY HOMELAND HOMIE YRBB is finally in the house. Glad you watched & enjoyed!

Alex Gansa is a bit full of himself in all interviews but I admire his sheer passion for the show. Check this one out too

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/s188/homeland/news/a601166/homeland-exec-alex-gansa-on-show-criticism-it-hurt.html#~oS36scmPvLXAJD

Agreed with him about the last 6 episodes but LOL @ him not directly mentioning a thing about the first 6, which were nearly unbearable to get through at times. He didn't outright say it, but It's so clear they knew they made a mistake having that rancid Dana taking over the first half with her angst. And while he initially expressed disdain for fans who were against Dana, he damn sure did something about it because girl was bumped off the show basically. LOL. (I don't know if she's in it or not anymore, I like to hope not!)

• Members

YES I'M HERE!

Poor Dana, always dragged. :P

LOL at him not saying anything about the first half of the season. I honestly don't remember it being so bad but it did annoy me how we didn't hear from Brody for a few episodes, then we had one just with him and no Carrie at all, and all the stuff with Dana, plus they tried to make us think Carrie and Saul were on the outs.

• Members

Another great episode. Carrie's friendship with Saul is always a highlight and I really liked the new relationship she's building with the female ambassador.

Great to see Fara again and Max was funny. Poor Aayan, having Fara and Carrie throw themselves at him and not knowing what to say, do. I have moments were I like the actor and moments were I don't but I can't help but feel for him being caught in such a horrible situation.

The circumstances surrounding Sandy's actions and death provide such a great central storyline for the season. Corey Stoll did such a great job of creating a memorable person in just one episode.

LOL at Carrie eyefucking the marine at the American embassy entrance. She sure seems to be wanting to get some. I love how they've never dropped the thread of her sexual life/activity.

Quinn is the most interesting he's ever been. The image of him grabbing Goat Man was hilarious. But his moustache/beard drove me NUTS. Did you notice how, in some scenes, it was grown/darker and in others much lighter? It didn't just change from scene to scene but during a scene as well! When Dar Adal was talking to him, it was dark & when the manager came out, it was almost non-existent. The manager part and the rest of her scenes must have been grouped and shot at a different time. It drove me insane! tongue.png

• Members

This season is terrific so far. I wish they had killed off Brody sooner TBH. We have season 1 Carrie back -- singularly, obsessively focused on her job. And Quinn has really come into his own this season. I just hope they learned their lesson with Carrie/Brody and don't ship those two. Saul on the outside with Carrie still on the inside is a very intriguing dynamic.

I feel so bad for Ayann and the actor they got to play him is so good and very cute.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

This sh!t is getting out of line. I barely have any comments. I was speechless at the end of ep 4.

The Haissam Aqqani being alive after all angle is interesting and I look forward to seeing how it develops but this mess with Carrie/Aayan is killing me. Carrie sleeping with another terrorist, this time a teenaged one to get her way I just can't!

I'm hating Carrie/Quinn. Who cares? I don't believe Quinn's apparent deep love for Carrie. He always treated her like crap.

Also does anyone find it a bit irritating that this season is set in Pakistan but they're using Indian & South African actors to play all the Afghan/Pakistani parts? It's coming across less authenitc to me and is really jarring.

The show has been getting a lot of backlash for the inaccurate way they've been portraying Pakistan/Islamabad. This season is suffering from deciding to shoot in Cape Town.

• Members

Tonights ep was even more disturbing. Carrie's trifling predator ass was too busy screwing a kid that she missed everything! WTF!!!

All that so Aayan could end up telling her something she already knew?! This was pathetic! CHAIN THE BOY UP & TORTURE THE TRUTH OUT OF HIM LIKE YOU DID BRODY YOU NASTY BITCH

Just omg. I'm so beyond words.

I don't trust that Fara chick 100% just yet! I remember the cryptic scene where she called her dad a few eps back. The newfound extended focus on her has been oddly sketchy; I will not be surprised if she turns out to be a mole of some kind. But I'm hoping she turns out to be trustworthy. Nazanin Boniadi is doing a wonderful job btw - love seeing Nurse Leyla from GH getting good quality work in!

Saul done gone and got himself kidnapped! He really just needed to go home. This is too messy! LOL

• Members

YAY! Discussion! biggrin.png (Haven't seen episode 5 yet so I'm avoiding the rest like the plague)

HA being alive is a great twist. It sort of changes everything.I can see the show going on long with this type of season-long central storylines.

I have to say, save for the eye candy, I still fail to see what is special about Quinn. I've been waiting for what? 3 seasons? And the only interesting thing he's ever done is still his PTSD which may have been "cured" already (God, I hope not, that would be a crappy way to handle the story).

It's really funny that you mention this because I was actually wondering where they're shooting it and what actors they're using. It would have been nice to use more authentic actors. I wonder why they didn't go that way?

LOL I sensed this was were it was going as soon as Fara hesitated to leave Aayan in Carrie's apartment. Oh, Lord! It doesn't help that Aayan looks 12, so I'm not quite sure how I feel about it but, damn, is Carrie a f-cked up horrible mess in this season or what? And it is utterly, unavoidably fascinating. Although I do fear that this darker direction the character is taking might make Daines less plausible for another Emmy based purely on people's feelings on the character (although, if you didn't know Carrie was capable of all this sh!t and more, then you clearly haven't been paying attention at all).

• Members

Exactly. This is completely in character for Carrie, as was the attempted drowning of the baby (or the fantasy sequence of her doing it). There's been a lot of hand-wringing and threats to quit watching the show around Carrie's behavior this season, but I'm happy that Homeland isn't sugar-coating how damaged she is. If Carrie were "Cary," people would be marveling over the character.

• Members

So agreed about Quinn. You know what I'm still shocked he didn't die after he got shot in that tailor store.

Also how are we supposed to believe he's deeply in love with Carrie when he shot her on purpose last season? LOL.

I've noticed new producers names, etc in the credits (and they're all writing the episodes too) and I think some control among the group may have shifted. Someone didn't do as much research (or any, at all). There were some inaccuracies in how they portrayed Beirut in Seas 2 (they shot in Israel) but it wasn't as bad as this. The way the language is being spoken & how the city and its people are being portrayed is just way off base here.

The actor situation is inexcusable though. They could've gotten more veritable people to play all these parts. Every time I hear a thick Indian accent on this show I cringe. Are we supposed to ignore or not notice? The Aayan actor is quite good but he looks & sounds very Indian and looks nothing like his family on the show. Not getting it! But must roll with it.

• Members

LMAO! YAASS. This is a season of MESS & I love it. Everyone's a mess!

Aayan: "Can I touch you again?" LOL

Fara: "OK, I'm trying to be ballsy but I'm not into suicide"

Quinn: "To me, it looks like you're f-cking a child!" Well, damn, they're not shying away from it, are they?

Re: Fara, she has me convinced but who knows on this show? I thought that call was later explained when they had to use her house for some reason & the father was there? Unless we're talking about something else.

The Saul thing really made me gasp. I'm glad he's getting involved in the action part of things.

I think Quinn is supposed to be deeply in love with Carrie but it all comes out as very abusive and demeaning. They might be going for something like that.

I can't stop thinking about Aayan being Indian now everytime I see him! lol

Archived