Homeland: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

Catching up right now.... saw Episode 8 ("Halfway to a Donut" LOL)

DAMN. Just DAMN. The show is so good right now.

Was there anything that wasn't perfect?

Carrie and Aasar need to f-ck like the world is ending. It's kinda really sad that Carrie couldn't even hold onto the fake memory of "seeing" Brody again. The look on her face when she thought he was alive.... But I am also so thankful that Carrie put the truth together and not only realized they had switched her pills, but took all the necessary steps to undo the damage. Carrie took charge in this episode in a major way!

I am loving how suspicion on the Bitch is building up (first Carrie, then Quinn, and then Quinn noticing her exchange with Dennis). I want her to go DOWN.

HOT DAMN. Saul wasn't messing around with Operation Escape. He was getting out, end of story. So wonderfully tense. I loved the scene in which he asked Carrie to speak privately (wub.png) and made her promise to either save him or kill him. When he put the gun to his throat I genuinely thought this was it, Saul is gone. Carrie's "betrayal" (and the way they shot it) was phenomenal. Danes once again turned in a MESMERIZING performance.

And Aasar (that sexy man) tells Carrie about Dennis! I can't wait for his nasty ass to PAY.

It seems Aasar is replacing Brody in the Romeo-Juliet love affair department.

All this and I actually didn’t hate Quinn with a passion in this episode!

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It definitely would have rocked Carrie's world. But considering they lost half of the show's premise (Carrie/Brody) last season, they wouldn't undo the other half (Carrie/Saul), a relationship many would argue is at the heart of the show. But who knows?

• Members

You make a good point. I can't help but wonder what the real protocol would be if the former director of the CIA were kidnapped. I know it's highly unlikely that would ever happen, but it seems like Carrie would have been right to blow them all to hell with that drone. Plus it seems like Saul would be tortured for info, even if it's outdated info. Glad we didn't have to see that though. I hate torture scenes.

• Members

Holy crap!

What a phenomenal episode. From Carrie's interrogation/games with Dennis, to the prisoner exchange with Saul, to the rocket attacks!!! Danes & Patinkin were heartbreaking as Carrie was begging Saul not to allow any more death.

I gasped like crazy when the convoy was attacked. "It's me." BOOM! #DEAD

And Haqqani finding a way into the Embassy. Talk about a cliffhanger!

Next episode can't come soon enough. This will be a royal mess!

• Members

I have to admit I was ever so slightly underwhelmed by the interrogation scenes. I expected more out of Carrie, though I loved when she told Dennis to sit the f-ck down. LMAO!

I was also taken aback by how calm & collected the ambassador was about it. I wanted to see her raise hell immediately. It was all handled so low key on all ends, it was weird. I guess that's how it should've happened due to the sensitivity of everything, but for the sake of drama, I was yearning to see everyone up the ante w/their hysterics. LOL.

The later developments in the episode of course made up for all that! I rewinded so many times...WTH happened? Was there some hidden significance to the glasses? How could Saul & Carrie NOT be blown to bits after that?(I can't wait to see what preposterous solution the writers come up with after we clearly saw that convoy explode with everyone still in it). How the HELL is anyone in the embassy going to fight back against this ambush successfully? So many questions. First time I'm really tempted to hunt down spoilers for this show. I can't wait two weeks for this gold [@#$%^]. LOL.

• Administrator

I'm all caught up now and.....OMG!!! The last two episodes were freakin phenomenal!! First, Carrie trying help Saul find a way out of the market was so intense.....and then Saul almost gives up by committing suicide, but Carrie is able to convince him not to do it. When Saul had the gun to his head, I was screaming, "Noooo!!! Noooo!!" :lol: I was also on the edge of my seat for the prisoner exchange scenes. Man, there's been some great Carrie/Saul scenes these last two episodes. Then the missle attack!! WHAT!! My jaw dropped. But there was more! Haqqani and his goons are making their way to the embassy. DOUBLE CLIFFHANGER! ohmy.png Damn this show came back this season with force! Oh, I also loved the "Brody" appearence. For a second there I thought he was alive. :lol:

• Members

I am SO PISSED that there's no episode until next week!!!

I'm only going on memory but I believe we saw two rockets hitting the two accompanying vehicles (one each). Saul and Carrie's car I believe crashed into the front car, its windshield smashed, etc, but afterwards we saw two cars on fire and one simply destroyed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Squee! biggrin.png 13 Hours in Islamabad was so good! The first half felt like 24 meets HOMELAND & I loved it! I'm glad that they didn't try to make the attack on the embassy last a whole episode by stretching it out.

Poor Fara. I liked her well enough, so I'm sad she's dead. On the other hand, it gave the attack on the embassy much more weight. That scene with Carrie and Max sitting on the stairs overlooking all the bodies was haunting and so beautifully shot; it was an arresting image. I am so glad Max echoed the comment I made about Carrie being so harsh and mean with Fara.

I really felt for Saul, as he desperately tried to remember anything that could help. You could really see his pain and disappointment in himself.

I LOVED those three scenes of Martha dealing with her decision to assist Dennis with his suicide, Carrie calling Fara's father, and Saul in the shower.

Speaking of Dennis, that fool stays being the coward he's always been. The look Martha gave him after she learned he didn't kill himself... chilling!

And, I gotta say, Quinn was actually sexy in this episode. He toned down the self-righteous superiority of his and just took charge. And now that Carrie's staying behind to find/help him... boom!

• Members

WTF??? What in GOD's name just happened tonight; They brought crusty ol Dar Adal back out of nowhere to tarnish those two EXCRUCIATINGLY SATISFYING cliffhangers, that's what! Ok, I'm intrigued, but DAMN! I wanted to see sh!t get blown up!!!!! I wanted to see Carrie's sudden suicide mission go through. GODDAMNIT!!

Did anyone else think Carrie was going to tell Quinn she loved him?

Wow I totally misinterpreted the scene from earlier this season when Carrie told Aayan that her dad died.

I can't with this show but I can.

• Members

WTF?? WHAT was that finale? I mean...I got it; I truly, truly understood what they were going for and trying to set up, and I appreciated it -- but that mess was still BORING AS HELL! I kept waiting for my heart to pound in anticipation but it didn't. One of the most anticlimactic, dull season finales ever. After such an outstanding string of epis, they went and made that sh!t the family hour. Wow. No.

I did love the last scene with Carrie in the car all frazzled, not too far from where she started. The scene was beautifully accentuated with the shows signature jazz motif track playing in the background. Just loved it!

Archived