Nicole Scherzinger - Killer Love

EricMontreal22

• Members

I'm horrifed at how much I love this cd. I'm glad it's doing so well in the UK that they have upped a US release. It's completely derivative--not only is half of it RedOne, she's otherwise working with the same producers as Alexandra Burke (which was my guilty pleasure fave of 2010)--Stargate, The Dream, etc... I don't think Nicole really has the personality to become a huge solo star (though having a number one over Gaga in the Uk was impressive) but she's undeniably a talented vocalist and her voice suits RedOne's over production. Just a fun, fun album--I've been playing it far more than Britney (no big shock I suppose). It is partly undone by too many ballads at the end of a long 14 song set--two could have been cut with no prob (particularly the last one, her self written, well sung, but bla, oddly titled AmenJenna). Still, it's rare that I even love the Sting (?!) duet, and the new version of her Enrique duet which is far superior. And if the beyond silly Club Banger Nation isn't the next single, they're missing out....

And the typically cheap UK videos:

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived