MAB Interview: Says other Soaps lost their way

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This person writes?

She can barely string a gramatically correct sentence when speaking.

I appreciate Michael Fairman asking that first question about the state of the show. She totally refused to address the issue, though. Her answer consisted of "Oh, you mean how great the show is? That's what I thought you said. You know, I love classic storytelling driven by classic Y&R characters. Clasic Y&R characters are superfun! We have superfun writing for them. It's all superfun and our super fans are gonna love what's coming up! Tra la la la PuttingMyFingersInMyEars I CAN'T HEAR YOU!"

• Members

ROTFLMAO! EXACTLY!

As far as her comment about other sthows, I don't know, I don't disagree with her on that actually. Y&R has a ton of damn faults, I know, but it also has and uses more vets than any other show on daytime.

This interview is kind of appalling though because I think she genuinely doesn't see any problems with what she writes or the state of the show right now. If that is true, and she's not going anywhere, I'm afraid to think of how much worse Y&R will get

• Members

Y&R was one of the last dynamic daytime dramas remaining for me, when I quit watching it I quit daytime. Thanks MAB, that's what your great storytelling (w/classic characters I couldn't even recognize after years of watching them) did, great job1

P.S. You didn't modernize Y&R style, you took on more than you could handle and brought it down to your size, thanks!

• Members

They only really use one or two. The rest are props, and if the show had had its way, I think Nikki and Jill would both be gone. Jack is already basically gone, humiliated and neutered beyond purpose.

MAB is so arrogant. Spin spin spin. That's all she has ever cared about. The state of the show is meaningless to her - all that matters is her ego and PR. She has been doing this for years even as she has driven Y&R to all times ratings lows and she and her fellow hack Sheffer have destroyed the last of what Y&R used to be.

Archived