AMC: Wednesday, March 23, 2011

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

See I enjoyed AMC more today... Nothign was great and the lurking Priest stuff has gotten ridiculous (I actually liked him when he was potentially a real priest) but otherwise I enjoyed the dialogue and interaction of characters, Opal was great, loved Krystal and Jack just having a beer, even Mariss and Binks throwing snowballs--they're just little scenes of characters interacting and not pushing story story story, and soaps are missing that lately (OLTL is anyway).

I dunno, it seems like people claim to miss scenes like that and then complain when they get them. I admit the show needs a lot of work with its actual stories, but, these details are coming back more and more.

Yes he did. I just watched on Youtube a Dec 1987 episode where Tom's coaching the PVU Football team which includes Charlie. (Sorry Khan, you so rarely get any of the details of the older history plots of these shows wrong, that I have to gloat when you're outright wrong :P )

• Members

I *am* an OLTL fan (despite some OLTL fanatics on here thinking otherwise :P ) but I actually was saying how seeing some of the young actors on OLTL--particularly the new Jack has made me actually appreciate Ash's acting. Not that he's good by any means but at least his line delivery is relatively natural sounding. I find DC bizarre about that, but they have a clear AMC biase--the acting on AMC has never really been the prob compared to some other soaps--yeah Ryan's not great, but he's not as awful as some other "hunks" on daytime, etc.

• Members

I actually liked him the second time around. I liked his rapport with Erica and that he and Jack got along, and his partnership with Adrian. It was just the story that wasn't very good, especially the whole thing with one last goodbye bang, which was just a weak excuse to split up Erica/Jack.

• Members

I was listening not so much watching so I didn't catch the physical stuff but I did hear the thing about her buying him in the bachelor auction. Uhhh, can't you maybe get one of her friends to at least do that so folks don't look at you two all Pigeon Hallowed?

Archived