Deadline Hollywood Says AMC May Be A Goner

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I still think this is different. This was lying, spinning to the fans. It feels different when it's the future of your show, your cast, and your crew that you're lying too. She can lie to us without batting an eye, but I know they really respect her at AMC. Would she really do that to them?

Does a week really make that much of a difference?

• Members

Why not? I haven't heard many ringing endorsements since 2003. Let's not forget that Frank Valentini, supposedly beloved at OLTL, has put many a fired castmember through the elaborate bullshit run-around before cutting them, and while I don't think dropping Kish (or the smear campaign in the press) was his choice last year I did find FV's handling of Claywell and Evans' exit notices, as well as Scott Clifton's, offensive. Sometimes actors find out in the scripts that they're gone. Sometimes it's the nature of the position and the job to lie your ass off. Sometimes it's more. Depends.

Yes. Contracts are up on the 1st for some, I believe.

• Members

If ABC did cancel AMC, I think it's a mistake to assume JHC has been told the truth. It would be very Fronsian to reassure JHC the rumors are false then show up a week later on set and go OOPS the rumors are true you're moving to LA... OOPS I mean you're canceled.

Anyhoo, I don't know where April 1st day comes from as ABC would then be forced to announce it's replacement and I am not sure they want to do that until the press releases for fall lineups go out.

• Members

^Didn't DC say end of March/earl-April? I mean, that was really all they said.

It might be Fronsian to lie to JHC, yes. I'll bite on that. But at this point, it's hard to imagine someone not being able to tell the truth. Even if Frons is lying.

• Members

I was given a link to some insider on DD who posted weeks before DC broke their story. They had ABC deciding on a fall without AMC and said the news wouldn't break until later in April.

Could be this all leaked far earlier than ABC expected and before they had all their ducks in a row to make an official announcement so they are stalling by lying to JHC and issuing non-denials.

• Members

^I dunno, it's just hard for me to believe, that someone somewhere can't tell anyone the truth. If we're all, including the AMC cast is being lied too...then this is one damn good kept secret. Because we have been debating the same information for almost a month now, with no new details. :lol:

(Well Raven is confirming it...but we all know how that goes. Things change, and all that jazz!)

• Members

Perhaps JHC simply does not know.

as for RPG, what PTB are he talking about? The people directly aboce him sure do not make this decision. They could be clueless.

I hope AMC is not getting axed, but if history repeats itself the cast/crew/etc will be blindsided and shocked, even though there are rumors of its cancellation. I just hope if it is axed it is given some time to wrap it up.

I just have no hope for ABC Daytime. It has been in a free fall for years now and nobody at the network cared to do anything. New writers that are just recycled bad writers from other soaps are not the way. Stunt casting is not either. They never learn. Look at GH, they get a massive budget cut and instead of cutting a few from the top and the dead supporting weight they are going to end up cutting all the good supporting players. Frons is the problem here, and nobody at the network sees it.

Archived