Deadline Hollywood Says AMC May Be A Goner

• Members

I think the most powerful thing they could have done with Dani - who comes alive when she rages at Todd - is keep her at arm's length from Todd forever, or at least a long time, as with Jason and the Quartermaines. Her hatred is the price he pays for what he's done. British soaps sustain those kind of complicated emotions for decades, but Dani got over Todd being a monster in record time.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The biggest problem with Dani is that she's basically there to be a backup Starr. If they want to have her OK with Todd then I wish they'd just avoid any real conflict between them and have her with very different stories than most teens on soaps.

• Members

I don't believe Jack and Erica will get married any time soon, or at all. I don't think K&S give a sh*t about them. Or they just realized what every head writer has for the past 10 years: they're toxic together. At any rate, I don't think a J&E wedding denotes anything. He was supposed to be her last marriage, what 5 years ago, and they barely made it a year. IMO, they mean about as much to AMC as any of the vet does.

• Members

After all these years the only positive thing I have left to say about Guza's writing is that thank goodness he detests soapy campy crap as much as I do. I enjoy OLTL a lot more than GH but RC's penchant for overdone camp can annoy the heck out of me.

• Members

Dani only became Starr II, another insipid teen girl obsessed with her boyfriend, when Frons shoved the Ford himbo brothers at all 3 teen girls last summer. Prior to Nate, Dani was a tomboy, rebellious and far more multi-dimensional. Alas like Cole lobotomized Starr, so too did Nate suck brains out of Dani.

• Members

I feel like he has a grudge against it ever since someone forced him to fire Pratt. IMO, something happened in that whole process that left him with a bad feeling toward the show.

We've heard over and over how much Frons loves soaps and my response is always, "Yeah, the same way Ike loved Tina."

Archived