Victoria Jackson

Lust4Life76

• Members

Of all the people who ever appeared as part of the SNL ensemble, she would have been the last I would suspect of being a hater. She always seemed so fun, sweet and off beat. I feel really bad that she has such conservative views to the point she things everything the tea party is saying is right.

Erik

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I loved her on SNL, she was one of my very favorites. I remember seeing her when I watched the 700 Club sometimes in the mid-90s...she was in a "comedy" segment running around a city with a Pat Robertson cardboard cutout. Then she went on to do all the Politically Incorrect appearances where she made a fool of herself, and it just got worse from there.

I don't imagine that performers are saints (most on SNL are very unpleasant), but seeing what became of her was sad.

• Members

I was a bit surprised by her viewpoints...But I look at it like this: She is an actress and a comedienne. I don't watch/listen because of their personal lives, I watch for their work. And she was always a favorite. She still makes me laugh, so whether I agree with her personal beliefs...Irrelevant!

• Members

Jackson was awful on SNL. She never did any impressions, never had any recurring characters, and was just annoying. The only thing I remember was her standing on her head during Weekend Update and singing a truly unfunny song whilst playing a ukulele. It's really astonishing she lasted so long on that show.

How the hell did she manage to live in NYC anyway?

What a psycho, fat bitch.

• Members

She did some impressions, like Roseanne. I think that she was a nice fit for SNL at that time because the others were more hip and urbane type of comedy and she was more daffy and sweet. Or she was oncamera anyway. She was supposedly hated by a lot of the other cast and after this I can see why.

• Members

LOL. Bitch as no place, no relevance, so she's marinating in this nonsense. Like, come on, she's literally waving a bible at us. Literally waving a bible at us. That's the type of thing she would have made fun of on SNL twenty-five years ago, but now she's a living, breathing punch line. Not a damn thing going on between her ears.

• Members

Nor between her legs or in her bank account, obviously. Her and the Phelps crew are such obvious, desperate attention whores. My great grandmother would have branded her a whore just because she wears red lipstick. It wouldn't have mattered how many bibles she waved in our face.

• Members

I was actually partially thinking the same thing. She knows she can get press by being overly conservative in Hollywood plus she chooses Glee to freak out on, a show very popular with the media. I think the same about the couple of musicians who speak out and say there is no way they will let their music being used on the show. They use the show to get media attention on themselves and their music by trying to be against the show.

Archived