February 28 - March 4, 2011

Toups

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OLTL has been sucktastic but I don't see them hitting new lows. Probably just dropped to a .09. AMC and BB will probably be the same or at a .08.

OLTL really needs to do some major Spring cleaning and find their focus. No need to have people like Cristian, Shaun, Destiny, Gigi, etc. around if they're just gonna pop up once a month. If you have a story to tell, Tomas/Todd/Blair/Tea, Brody/Jessica/Natalie/John/Tess/Ford, Dorian/David/Bo/Rex, Viki/Charlie/Echo, Eddie's murder, then just TELL THE DAMN STORY. They drag everything out for so long. The other day when Inez popped up at Foxy Roxy's after a month of not being shown, it took a me a few seconds to realize who it was.

Anywho, predictions:

1.YR 3.4/1.4

2.BB 2.2/0.8

3.GH 2.0/1.2

4.DAYS 1.9/1.1

5.AMC 1.8/.08

6.OLTL 1.7/.09

• Members

If the show can afford this I think they should keep Cris, Shaun, and Destiny, as they are at least a good diversion sometimes and Cris has a lot of ties to the main characters, if the show bothered to remember.

It's the leading players who ruin the show.

• Members

It wouldn't take much for AMC to find it's way back but I fear it's too late. I'm not one of those people who finds the show "unrecognizable" and I made a conscious decision to quit because I got tired of paying Frons' paycheck. That doesn't mean that I don't tune in from time to time and the last time I watched, I was really struck by the bad dialogue. I don't know who did the script that day but it was awful. It was Rev. Ricky and that chick he's working with talking about their Evil Evil Plan.

Ricky: Kendall thinks I'm a minister.

Bad!Chick: But you're not a minister are you? You're the man who murdered her husband.

Ricky: I know I'm the man who murdered her husband but she doesn't know that. She thinks I'm a minister.

Bad!Chick: And you're going to keep making her think you're a minister, even though you're not, until we find out where Zach put our secret plans for world domination. Bwahahaha!

It was awful. I've heard better dialogue on Scooby-Doo. There's just something about the show that screams "We're making bad decisions!"

• Members

Based on the ABC press release, things don't look great for OLTL or AMC.

To avoid getting a 0.7, a show must achieve at least 495,000 women 18-49 viewers (that's the threshold that rounds up to 0.8 rather than down to 0.7). Since ABC scored an average of 651,000 in that demo this week based on the average of its four shows....651,000 x 4 = 2,604,000. Subtract GH's 811,000 and The View's 782,000 from that, and AMC and OLTL only have 1,011,000 to split between them. If they split evenly (unlikely), they would each get 505,500 women 18-49, a 0.8 for each of them.

• Members

The spoilers for the next two weeks of AMC actually sound decent. Whether it translates in the writing or not, we'll have to see. K&S have these moments, like yesterday when JR was dancing with Kathy, and really just the whole Tad/Cara wedding where they show good writing. That they can write decent soap. And then they seem to lose it a day later.

IF AMC can find a focus, keep a steady pace, write with some depth and emotion, I definitely think there's hope. It's just a matter of whether or not that can happen.

Oh and as for the Ricky/Diane dialogue, Diane is just ridiculous, so try not to judge all that nonsense to harshly. LOL

• Members

It was bad enough watching that low rent Marsha Thomason in her lace front wig and Reverend Hitman trying to look earnest but watching them talk about dead Zach and his flat ass widow made me wonder if the time slot had been taken over by OLTL.

Then I realized that couldn't be the case: there were too many minorities and too few rape victims.

• Members

A lot of people will not agree but Jean P's disorganized pen is all over the canvus of OLTL. The stories have become ATWT sort of ludicrous with so many artificial emotional contructions. I wanted to slap Natalie when she said Liam loves John--they've only know each other for about 5 minutes.

Brody is Liam's father and you can't escape it; also, Brody wanting to steal Ryder from Ford is creepy, too. Clint finally jumping the shark as anti-hero along with the Tea long lost brother/Todd situation has just popped up out of nowhere. OLTL is disorganized and the characters actions/emotions are disorganized, too

*Ratings Predictions*

Y&R 3.4--demos may never recover

B&B 2.2--habitual viewers save the day, for now

GH 2.1--show may hold a slight HH gain; demos aren't really up much but look damn good due to Y&R drop

Days 1.9--more than any soap, DOOL spikes and drops due to story

AMC 1.9--semi-stable, gaining

OLTL 1.8--loosing

• Members

The thing is, with all due respect, you didn't really watch OLTL when ATWT was on the air, right? Because the only reason I'd argue that point, is this kinda thing has happened on OLTL repeatedly since RC came on (who was, don't get me wrong a huge improvement on Higley). We always get about a month (if that) of great stuff and then it all goes haywire in PRECISELY the same way it is now... Trust me, I'd love to blame JP, whose writing I despise...

Archived