Recasts

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

DOOL's Jack was recast several times in his first few years. Jack1 fell for Kayla, Jack2 married her and Jack3 raped her. Seemed like the show kept changing what they wanted Jack to be and when they were going towards a nastier, more proactive Jack they got a more experienced actor in MA.

I think GH's Zander was recast with Chad Brannon to make him more romantically appealing for a pairing with Emily. The first guy seemed more like the run-of-the-mill drugdealer/thug he started out to be.

Edward Quartermaine on GH should be dead by now. David Lewis was around 65 when Luke and Laura got married 30 years ago. When they recast with John Ingle and then Jed Allan, they obviously wanted a younger, more viable Edward, who kept getting younger than his wife.

• Members

I'm not sure Ingle's Edward was ever younger or more viable, although Ingle is younger than Lewis.

ATWT cast a block of wood as the first David Allen, then fired him for Daniel Markel, who was great, but was fired because of a terrible plastic surgery psycho story with an actor memorable mostly for things that were never oncamera.

There's also the curious case of Monti Sharp, who was recast for ATWT and GH roles, most notably the GH role, but seemed extremely ill at ease in both of them. He was always so natural at GL; I'm not sure what happened.

Archived