HBO: The Newsroom

Toups

• Administrator

So the threats lead to nothing. Jim/Maggie kissing led to nothing. I didn't really like the finally. It wasn't dramatic or funny - I have no quotes for this episode. mellow.png The only parts I like were the facts about the Tea Party and their dumbass quotes, probably because I'm a Liberal.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, Neal's actions causing Will to get more threats means that we will likely see the talented Terry Crews again next season. That is something good. He did wonderful work in that minor role so Sorkin found a way to keep him. I approve. :)

• Members

The finale was probably the weakest episode of the season. Not bad, but not really good/memorable. It was really more like "meh". Maggie and Jim: Sorkin, make up your damn mind and stop the yo-yo-ing.

The best part of the episode was when Sloan dissected Don and the look on his face that said: "Get out of my head". It made me like Don a lot more.

• 9 months later...
  • Members

The Newsroom is gearing up for its second season and here are the trailers that have been released...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJNBqKeG20Y&feature=share&list=PLBB8FB3113E1D52D2

I absolutely love this one and the song that accompanies it. HBO always brings it, IMO, when it comes to teasers/promos and songs and I'd also give that to SHO as well.

Invitation To The Set

YAY Don & Sloan ... never4get that S1 ep./scene when they're all on the plane and Don & the flight attendant had me cracking up. "Maggie's a lucky girl."

... annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd Season 2 Clip Teaser!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McVXNEdi8K4&feature=share&list=PLBB8FB3113E1D52D2

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I just binge watched Season one. This is probably my favorite series. Well among my favorite series and I'm so excited to see tonight's premiere! Cannot wait to see what happens with Maggie and Jim.

I do have the same problem with the dialogue that I had with West Wing. Nobody talks the way these people do. No one is as quick on their feet as these people are. It's clever and funny, but after awhile the rapid fire dialogue becomes implausible.

• Members

Well I'm kind of let down. This episode didn't soar. And I miss Will's closing newscast that always seemed to tie up all the dangling threads and bring it home. I love Sloane and I hope something happens with her and Don. Maggie is so neurotic. Jim deserves better.

• Members

Well the second episode redeemed the show for me. I love Lisa, and while some of the stuff she said to neurotic Maggie wasn't completely fair, I was thrilled she said it. Maggie and Jim always act like Lisa is stupid and she isn't. She's just not smug. And she's not cowardly like Jim.

I also enjoyed Charlie's research about audience retention, and the effects of Twitter.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived