HBO: The Newsroom

Toups

• Members

Just watched the first two episodes. Love this show so much. That second half of the pilot was great riveting television. When he went the Control Room to thank the crew and it was the wrong one and said "Screw it". LMAO

So glad it's already been renewed.

I agree the second episode wasn't quite as good as first, which actually parallels the fictional "Newsnight" which wasn't as good as the previous episode.

I love Jim/Maggie, they are SO going to be my new Josh/Donna wub.png (for all you West Wingers), but that exchange did seem to go on a bit too long.

That was a funny line, I also loved when Will told Neal Sampat that his name meant Blue Jewel and Neal said he didn't even know that and Will said he does cause he cares. I about died of laughter.

laugh.pnglaugh.png

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The zingers coming left and right always get me. I love the one with Will & the analyst. I was rolling.

Mac and that women Will was going on his date parade had me cracking up. Awwww to Maggie trying to help spare her feelings.

I love Jim & Maggie.

I felt bad for Charlie's inquisition. LMAO what Charlie said to Jim.

I loved the douchewaffle guy getting torn a new one by his boss. I really can't stand that a**.

• Members

I found Will's apology speech was way too long, but I enjoyed the rest of the episode.

Poor Charlie. He was really taken back by Jane Fonda's threat to fire Will. I am confident that Charlie will find way out. He has been in that business for a long time. I enjoyed his insults and drinking. I also like him yelling at Jim to be a newsman.

I swear, I don't think that I can take episode after episode of back and forth between Jim and Maggie. Jim is very sweet though.

Surprisingly, I don't hate Don. However, he needs to get a grip. He wanted to get away from Will and work with that pretty talking head. Don cannot suddenly start crying about what could have been with Will. If Don had any depth, he might have been able to wake Will up himself.

• Administrator

"Stop breaking up. Learn how to have a fight." Jim/Maggie's rooftop scene where he helps her breathe was pretty good. You need scenes like this to develop Jim/Maggie as a (future) couple.

I like the addition Jane Fonda's character, who's at the top food chain there. "You want to play golf or you want to f*ck around?"

I can see Neal/Jim becoming really good friends. I love their scenes together.

Neal: ……get in there.

Jim: Get in there?

Neal: Yeah.

Jim: I’m not going to get in there.

Neal: Why not?

Jim: I’m not going to swoop in like she’s a rent-controlled apartment. She’s probably really upset.

Neal: Brutal....No words.....I have no words to describe what I just saw.....

Jim: Are you still talking?

Neal: No words.

I just have to laugh at the Tea Party...what a bunch of wackos. LOL

• Members

I just love this show. Yes, it is flawed, but it is soo good. I love Will, Charlies, Jim, and Neal. I felt so bad for McKenzie at the end. I think it hit home that she lost an amazing man when she cheated on Will. How long is Maggie going to stick with the denial about her feelings for Jim? Don was decent tonight. How are they going to keep finding ways to include him in Will's show?

• Members

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE Will & Charlie! This exchange had me crying!

Will: You tell Leona that if she wants me out of this chair, she better bring more than just a couple of guys.

Charlie: That's exactly I'll f**king tell her.

Will: I'm not f**king around, Charlie!

Charlie: Feet of f**king steel! (At least that's what my caption says...)

Then everyone dropping F bombs, LMAO!

This cast is so well put together! I love how they play off of each other and Will just finally meshing with his crew. wub.png

• Members

Will and Charlie are great. I love how much Charlie loves Will, how he is determined to protect him and never lets anyone disrespect him. One of my favorite moments in the last episode is when Charlie says that he loves Will, but he has feet of clay and then when Will stands up to Leona's son, Charlie changes and says that Will has feet of f'cking steel. Ha.

• Members

Loved episode 4. Love Jim and Maggie wub.png The big foot stuff was funny. Liked how timely the Gabbie Giffords stuff was. "The news doesn't declare a person dead, the doctor does". So true. Being first isn't important if you're not correct, as recently experienced by Fox News and CNN with the Supreme Court ruling.

• Administrator

The last 8 minuteas was amazing - Sorkin does big events very well.

I liked Don in tonight's episode - form being slick by telling Maggie to call Jim and then dialing Lisa's phone to "It’s a person. A doctor pronounces her dead, not the news."

That was hilarious. laugh.png

I totally forgot the news channels pronounced Gifford dead. It's amazing how one source can mess everyone up and how the networks will run with it without checking with their sources.

Lisa: I’m sure he’s not nice but I’m not in the mood for a fix up.

Don: Why not?

Lisa: I don’t know. I’m just coming off a relationship –

Don: Of ten days. I bought milk before your relationship started that was still good to drink before it ended.

Mackenzie: How do you introduce the Netflix queue of crazy divorce women with digitally re-mastered breasts you spend your nights with?

Sloan: What do you think he’s doing?

Mackenzie: Trying to civilize her.

Charlie: Have you read the NY Post?

Will: No. My eyes are connected to my brain.

Don: It’s a person. A doctor pronounces her dead, not the news.

Will: I think people who willfully, purposely and gleefully lie to the American people in order to damage someone’s reputation should, like a registered sex offender, be required by law to come with that warning label for the rest of their life.

• Members

I sound so repetitive, but I just love this show. It is ridiculously idealistic, but it tugs on my cynical heart. The theme music is amazing. I can't believe on critic actually complained that it didn't fit. Screw all the media critics who hate on this show. They don't know [!@#$%^&*].

I cheered when Will refused to pay that Nina Howard. I loved how all everyone in the newsroom stepped up to help pay for Khalid's ransom. Will is great. He is such a good guy. McKenzie is wonderful. She is very sweet. It is obvious how much she loves Will and regrets losing him. I liked that Neal got some major face time.

I forgot to add: I loved Charlie threatening the morning anchor in his ear piece. Also, Don is growing on me, but I don't get why he is still working on Will's show when he is supposed to left Will to work with Elliot.

• Members

The great thing about this show for me is that each new episode becomes my favorite episode thus far. It's great to have this sense of discovery and evolution with a show. Also, I feel it has been getting progressively funnier. The slapstick humor is now one of my favorite things about the show, mainly because it's the last thing you expected to be part of its format, but it's mainly the lines that are laugh-out-loud funny.

The ending for episode 5 was very touching; totally unrealistic, but touching.

I'm not surprised the whole writing staff is only there to give ideas and do research. I'm more surprised that he's dating Kristin Davis!

Archived