AMC: Monday - January 10, 2011

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Def one of Agnes Nixon's misfires during her last era as HW. I also think she was going for a return to the Tara type of heroine which (and I think Carl you disagree with me on this) simply doesn't really work in modern soaps. Of course the character wasn't great anyway. Greenlee seemed to be a sorta flip on the Erica Kane character--a poor little rich girl version. I used to blame the actress, but I really really liked her on Mad Men (of course that was a long time after and she could have improved...)

• Members

I also don't buy it was Slab Brainchunk's decision to leave. But for some reason they think throwing man after man at excitable tranny Colby (a worthy successor to "hairy Anita") will make her work and that that's all they need for a teen scene. Asher is hot but some top leading man? Not yet, and certainly not with her. Charge Leatherfunk was the best of the young actors, and they need to either get him back or recast well, ASAP.

I actually liked Becca, but with Leo, not Scott. They did nothing with her. I do kind of like Cosgrove's Scott with Greenlee - she should be up to no good with him, not stuck with Ryan. I also, shockingly, think he had chemistry with the NuMarissa, who seems to have a bit of a bite to her, pointless though the role is.

• Members

I actually agree with you on AMC for once ;) and agree with all that (I think they did pretty quickly drop the ball with Becka and decide not to do much with her actually...)

And yes, while I think it was the actor, in that case they should try to find a new recast. They need more young (and decent) actors on the canvas--there's next to nothign they can do with Colby and Asher solo....

Archived