All: TV Guide's Best in Soaps 2010

• Members

Best Soap: Bold & Beautiful-They call it gloriously uplifting and dirty as hell

Best Actor: Jonathan Jackson-for the scenes after Lucky finds out about Liz and Nik's affair

Best Actress: Melody Thomas Scott-for the scenes when Nikki started boozing it up again

Best Supporting Actor/Actress: Don Hastings & Kathryn Hays-Watching them send ATWT off the air with such class & grace made the loss of ATWT more bearable

Star of the Year: James Franco-for starring in an afternoon soap, then turning around and hosting the Academy Awards, because when was the last time that ever happened? Never. They say he rocked GH as Franco and made daytime drama ultracool, and that him being a surefire Oscar nominee and still appearing on GH in February

More Great performances:

Eric Sheffer Stevens as Reid on ATWT

Michael Learned as Shirley Smith on GH

Debbi Morgan-for the blindness plot & whom they call egregiously underused

Kim Zimmer on OLTL as Echo

Sweet Surprise is Julianne Moore's short return to ATWT

Perfect Farewell: Days multi-week death watch and funeral for Alice

Ken Corday gets kudos for his Days of Our Lives Book

Best News Ever: NBC giving Days a two year renewal, CBS giving B&B a two year renewal & Y&R a three year renewal and ABC re-singing it's OLTL honchos to long-term deals

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Logan must have missed the things like EW tearing apart the first GH episode Franco appeared in. Increased media attention only pointed out the show's flaws.

I'm glad he keeps praising Melody -- few others are willing to give her the credit she deserves.

JJ's speech about Liz only being worthwhile when she was bleeding to death in the snow -- other than that bit I've forgotten the rest. JJ is a very good actor but his teary monologues tend to blur together.

• Members

Hmm, I don't watch OLTL regularly but started tuning in off and on to see Kim Zimmer on the show, and it looks like a decent soap to me. John Wesley Shipp is OTT but fun as the Ford father too. The new Joey seems ok, and while I don't agree that Clint should be JR Ewing, every show can use a JR type of character. They seem to have a nice mix of a ton of young characters while being the destination soap for iconic soap divas. Erika Slezak, Robin Strasser, Kim Zimmer and Ilene Kristen all on the same soap? How can you go wrong? I do think the soap made a huge mistake not making sure Andrea Evans remained and cutting the dead wood that is Susan Haskell, but generally it seems like a show that has something for everyone.

Archived