All: Daytime's Most Powerful Scenes

• Members

Yes. Anne had some powerhouse scenes in both roles. Comedy, drama, romance, scheming, everything. One I had fond memories of was when she changed her name to Hudson -- that popped up again in the goodbye montage when Anne left.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTMUBTlfghY&feature=BF&list=SL&index=36

There were also those fantastic scenes when Marley told Vicky that Jake had raped her.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

@Carl Yes! Thanks. I must have combined memories and replaced the kids for Clint. The parts where she says she's more tired than she thought and simply calls for, "Clint?" before he sh-sh-shushes her, so sad. I thought the show was really great around this time, beautiful use of music, and shot so dim and moody.

• Members

I've gone on about this before but one of my favorite Youtube clipsets is devoted to forgotten GL character Diane Ballard, a control freak, Alan's devoted secretary, in love with him and meticulously plotting how to get him and how to ferret out his secrets. Over time she loses her grip, and her mind, and begins to just want control of Spaulding for herself. Everything seems to be going her way, but in this fabulous scene, real and raw and with a bravura performance from Sofia Landon, she learns that her beloved Alan, whom she always assumed would never cheat on his saintly wife Hope, DID cheat, just not with her -- and actually, with a woman she despised. Her reaction is one that stays with me for a long time.

• Members

I loved the Jack/Siobhan relationship on RH. I loved it so much that it actually hurt when I first watched those episodes and watched Jack push her away from him and convince her to get together with a man who turned out to be a sociopathic mob thug.

I don't think the scene where Jack tells her they can never be is online (if I ever figure out Youtube I will put it up - check back in 90 or so years), but this scene, where they almost kiss, is amazing. Watch this and weep that ABC fired Sarah Felder for being too ugly.

• Members

Joe was a PI and a schemer who was on-off lovers with Diane. He liked to play both sides, as he was also sort of helping Vanessa and her father Henry for a while. He and Diane had a very ugly falling out over mistrust and lies. More of their relationship is in the clips.

She hated Rita basically because Rita was seen as the town whore.

Yeah, ABC forced Sarah Felder to cut her hair, and then fired her. They recast the role with Ann Gillespie, who was basically a blonde bimbo (apparently she later found her niche as Kelly Taylor's mother on 90210).

• Members

There was a scene on OLT a few years ago, I can't remember when. I know at the time "Tess" was out, and Jess was gone. I know Vicki was having a heart attack. And she was laying on the floor, having a heartattack, and "Tess" was there. I just remember in a really sinister way she stepped over Viki's body and was singing something like "Mommy had a heart attack" over and over...

Anyone else remember?

It was really, a kind of sick scene. But it's always stuck with me.

• Members

I know which scene your talking about, it's the next scene after this one. Jess/Tess comes back to Llanfair after Viki leaves in the ambulance with Todd. She lies down on the kitchen table and she sings Ring around the rosie(almost 99% sure) and the scene ends with her singing "and they all fall down". It was bone chilling.

Archived