Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The dinner scenes with Victor,Leanna,Nikki and Douglas are great. Also this episode has the Nina "worn out tramp" comment said by Jill that was deleted off of youtube a long time ago.

Unfortunately this is only one out of my 2 classic episodes i have from 1989. I didn't even realize that i was going to get them, but i guess the seller forgot to edit these episodes out from his video or something LOL. The next episode after this one has a scene with Jill and Terry's Jack. I haven't seen them together before, and they were pretty great together. But deedee sort of has a point saying that Terry had better chemistry with Brenda's JIll. I promise i will upload it soon though.

Edited by yr9190

• Members

What did people think of the Callie storyline? I was only mildly interested but enjoyed the fact that she was still married, and the destruction it brought on Malcolm and Olivia's marriage.

And what did they think about Callie 1 and 2? Was bad reception the reason for the recast?

• Members

Michelle died soon after joining. She'd been very ill - I don't know if she knew it was terminal - when she took the role, but kept this to herself and her family. Y&R did a tribute to her, which I thought was very classy. She had a beautiful smile. If she'd stayed on I think she might have been a star for them.

As for Callie, I thought her story dragged on and on. I can't remember how long she stayed. Was she still there when Neil was a drunk? I know the woman from Savannah was there at that point. Wasn't there another woman between them?

They had an actor come in as her shady ex or something, or her pimp, I can't remember. He left to take a role on Port Charles as Ellen's ex-husband or ex-love. I think he ended up doing both shows at the same time for a while.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

She sang several times on the show. She had a beautiful voice. I don't think Siena ever sang.

Michelle was great on Family Matters too. She seemed to live a very full life but everyone should miss such a talent.

In some ways she reminds me of the rarely used Tatyana Ali.

• Members

Thomas was still in the role of Callie when she died right? I remember being shocked reading the news of her death in SOD.

The Callie stuff was okay, although I thought the whole stuff with Trey and his goon was a bit ridiculous. Callie was a woman from Malcolm's past which I thought was a nice touch as I don't think the Malcolm/Olivia pairing always felt right. I'm pretty sure Callie was gone by the time Dru came back from Paris there in 2000, and after Dru left again towards the end of the year is when the Neil/Alex/Malcolm triangle developed.

Olivia's insecurity over Callie led her to hit the sheets with Neil right? All I ever remember about the summer of 2000 is Olivia laying on her deathbed all summer long.