AMC: Wednesday, 11/17

• Members

Yeesh.

As I've said before, Papi is hot, but his acting is so wooden. How did he win an Emmy??? Oh, yeah -- the way Maurice Benard did.

What was up with Opal's lines? Whilst smiling: "Do you enjoy cutting someone open and holding their heart in your hand?" WTF...?? I didn't see yesterday, but was she on morphine?

Jackson's courtroom meltdown was a bit... embarrassing.

The only scenes worth watching were the Liza/Damon ones.

The ending was so cheesy with Papi's voice-over regarding hearts. UGH!

I hope Erica and/or Annie are on tomorrow.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I actually thought the ending was kind of cool. I like Dr. Griffin Castillo and I knew the point they were trying to make with him being a Cardiac Surgeon and him being an expert with all things heart related. As for Tad's behavior towards Liza, their relationship is super complicated and there is a lot of history there. Liza is a bitch and she definitely has her moments where she appears like she has a heart. I know its wrong but I so want her to hook up with Damon.

• Members

I thought you're right about Liza. I suspect it's a heart condition so they can test her chemistry with Griffin (though I'd prefer she stay with Damon).

I'm holding out on saying too much about the Griffin/Cara story until we see Cara interact with Jake. Maybe she can make him bearable the way Madison did Ryan.

It was embarrasingly bad! I'm also pissed that he's opening up to Krystal instead of Erica.

I'm no lawyer, but I've seen enough TV shows and movies to agree. It was obtained without Nick's knowledge that he was being taped so I don't think it's admissable, either.

I can't wait for what happens tomorrow!

Opal's question was so badly worded. I felt sorry for Jill Larson that she had to try to make it sound like something a person would normally say.

Tad drives me nuts because some days he's human, like today, and the next day he's back to blaming David & Liza for everything! I wouldn't mind him discovering he's bipolar so the character can go in a new direction and STFU for awhile.

I thought the concept was good, but the dialogue was clunky and there weren't enough rootable couples featured today for it to really work (JR/Annie, Colby/Asher, Jack/Erica would have been perfect, imo).

• Members

I'm surprised Jack said: "Smart man!" when it came to Ryan's video recording.

I wonder if they'll treat it like a cutting edge, new disease... you know, like Damon's A.D.H.D.

However, I wouldn't go as far as calling Tad human today. He did, intentionally, mispronounce Griffin's last name, got up in his face and got all sanctimonious. I'm glad Griffin reminded him that he fixed Jake's car, treated Opal's heart condition AND didn't report Jake's behavior to Angie. It kinda made Tad shut up for a while.

I loved how Tad wanted Amanda to convince Griffin not to press charges. It's typical Tad. Everyone he approves of gets to break the law without threat of punishment.

• Members

I like how the show tied in the Griffin voice over about hearts. I thought it fit in well.

RPG isn't doing as bad as I thought he would with this S/L. I actually think he's doing pretty well. Glad he got a haircut, and I think his acting so far has been good. I like his interactions with Griffin and I'm looking forward to more. It's obvious there's more to the story with Griffin and Cara.

Jackson so should have been venting himself to Erica...I'm mad that she wasn't there with him, and I'm even more mad that this made me like Krystal/Jackson even more! I really like them together and have been trying to hold back because I also love him with Erica and don't want her & Caleb to end up together! But after watching all the Kwakerjack scenes today I can't help but really dig them. There's also Krystal and Caleb who I enjoy together, so this is totally shaping up to be a fierce quad!

Damon/Liza were great...loved the little mention of Hillary that we got from Liza. I mean why hasn't AMC brought her back yet? She would fit right in. I am imagining all the possibilities already. Damon/Liza hitting the sheets and Hillary, as well as Tad & Colby, finding out about it. It would be great....anyway, back to Damon/Liza. AMC really is maintaining & building off of this friendship, and are even giving little hints of it possibly becoming more. Damon walking in on Liza as she was buttoning her shirt laugh.gif

• Members

I thought I was the only one. Srsly I like Krystal in scenes w/ blind Angie and Jack. I loved that she was there for him, I really do.

As do I like the way Damon was there for Liza, they are so gonna do it. Griffin and Jake's dynamic is good, it'll get even better as he starts getting chummy w/ Amanda.

The ending montage w/ Rylee was so good, too bad I hate them together.

Archived