DAYS: Product Placement Gone Wild

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

well Hope's been in jail since August, so she hasnt been promoting any cheerios...lol :lol: Im guessing the writer saw some clips on YT and decided to make an article about it. It did used to be bad and blatantly obvious but thankfully it hasnt been done in a while.

• Members

I think that this is amusing. They do seem obvious with the advertisement, but I guess they have to do what they have to do.

And I do kind of like that they are eating stuff that regular people eat and not just generic stuff like you see sometimes on tv shows.(Like "Cola" and "Chips".) I remember one time Angie had pulled out a box of cereal named "Cocoa Speckles" for her and her family to eat, lol.

The last time I remember people on the ABC soaps really pushing products was about a couple of years ago. When they were pushing the V8/Campbell products.

I remember Zach drinking V-8 and talking about how much he liked it. I remember seeing different people shown drinking V-8 on the ABC soaps. And Dorian and I think Erica as well promoting different Campbell products like soup. Before that I remember seeing Kendall feed Spike some Nestle Baby formula.

• Members

ABC tends to do this every Feb as its Heart Disease awareness month. They've actually incorporated the Campbell's product placement into their stories with the Go Red fashion shows and parties, but yeah they tend to go heavy that month. Its for a good cause so I dont mind it.

• Members

Its not subtle, and to be honest it is so much more a mid-show commercial rather than product placement. the midol, cherreos, and trailmix could have been done much better, but we legit got arianna, hope, and sami pitching them as if the show stopped, it was a commerical, and the show came back. lol.

it really doesnt bother me much, i find it amusing.

Archived