AMC: Monday, 11/8

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Remember when we use to not even care about Colby's relationships? Now I can't wait for that triangle to get going. And b/c they are younger in thier 20's they can go many places w/ this. What you hope is they build a conflict of interest here where ppl start believing Damon changed himself, cleaned his life up for Colby b/c he loves her, I truely believe Colby is "THE" girl for him, that's his true love and here you have Asher, who's just gaining my sympathy so much, how adorable were those hospital scenes w/ Colby/Asher, Colby is starting to care so much about him, Asher is very much like that wounded soul and now he sees Colby as one of the only ppl that accepts him.

LOVE IN THE AFTERNOON! ~ LOVE IN THE AFTERNOON!

I actually think it has to be soon, I mean you have LH, JV, SG, SK, WW, TG, FW, NH and MN now here, you have to show they are part of the cast.

• Members

Yes, that imo is the definitive opening... even moreso than the classic hand opening the album. Okay, maybe not definitive... just my absolute favorite. I remember the day it debuted. I didn't see it but my mom described it to me when I got home, "... and then Urrica's picture falls into the book and it closes." :wub:

• Members

I thought this opening design lasted a year and a half? :unsure: I soooo don't suffer from OOD (Opening Obsession Disorder), so I keep forgetting this version even existed half the time. Whenever I do see it, I consider it the Richard Culliton opening. And then the one we have now, the Megan McTavish opening. And the 1995-2001 white linen with the wild horses running free will always be connected to the Lorraine Broderick years for me.

That is something I still think to this day, the fact that it's heavy on the synthesizers, which is in stark contrast to that crisp live-sounding piano. Of course it's covered up today with that blaring trashy rock guitar and drum kit with the obnoxious fills. The original 1990-95 arrangement is my personal favorite and should've been more successfully replicated. This one sounds like an obvious cover on a "TV Themes of the 90's" by some unheard of synth band.

• Members

I like what you did there. I may be one of the few who liked this version of Colby since she debuted. I'm more into Asher/Colby than Damon & Colby - so much went wrong with that relationship IMO. But yes the development of this triangle will be very interesting to watch unfold.

• Members

Exactly. Almost MIDI. :P If they insisted upon updating it, they should have kept all of the same instruments and just had a little fun with the harmony, some funky new riffs on the bass line or something. Well, sax *was* getting a little dated by that time, so maybe they could have traded it out with more guitar. But like you said, not the blaring guitar solo of the current opening... though GH's last opening's guitar was the true assault.

• Members

Oh it'll get better, think w/ Damon having issues w/ Asher and getting close to Liza, guess who he'll go to for advice on how to keep Colby :lol: I truely see Asher falling for Colby, Colby needing a gf for advice, the only ones she can talk to about this, Annie or Amanda b/c it sure as hell won't be her mother. Asher will pbly get the seal of approval from JR. So this triangle is just what Colby needs, it's about time she had one of these, she's young and now has options and needs to branch out, as well do Asher and Damon.

• Members

Church.

I'm sorry I'm shallow at times and looks wise 98% of the time Damon does nothing for me. He's grown on me as a character though. I just really like Asher and like the picture you just painted. I too agree Colby needs a gf on the show - oh plz be Annie and not Amanda or GrandmaBoring (she showed her true colors to Colby so now she needs to return the favor and tell her to kick rocks). Amanda is so out ofleft fieldnow - I no longer like the character granted I guess she was trying to look out for Colby with the whole half-naked Liza pics on Damon's phone. We shall see, we shall see.

Archived