The Walking Dead: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

This was a really good episode. I loved that whole driving through walkers sequence and the running through the walker forest after. The character stuff was good too, and I liked how Michonne remembered to ask the questions. The new guy seems like he will be a good guy because they bothered to show that he has a relationship. If he was a villain I doubt they would have bothered. As a villain the important thing is how they impact the group, whereas with this guy we got a scene about him and his boyfriend that had nothing to do with the group. Therefore he is a going concern for the show and I assume his BF will die in short order.laugh.png

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

3 eps into season 4 - Am I the only one who finds Tyreese unbearable to watch or is/was he some sort of fan fave at this time. Were fans pressing for him to get more airtime or something? I'm like cringing. I'll read back on this thread at some point to find out. Meanwhile, I adore Michonne and just love her interactions with Rick & Carl. Oh and I still miss Shane deeply.

Edited by AllMyDaysatGH

• Members

The last time they were in a position like this (which in their time was probably about a month ago) they were all going to get their heads bashed in and have their corpses feasted on. It's not the best behavior, but I'm not surprised by it, and it's a way to send a message.

• Members

As far as they knew.

Rick tends to lose either way, because if he hadn't done that, people would have just called him weak and ineffective.

I do think we were supposed to react the way you did - I think it was to show that Rick should stop and smell the roses and ease up.

• Members

I thought it was odd how quickly she got on board. I also liked Carol's last line to Rick "even though you were wrong, you were right". I completely agree.

Rick is pretty traumatized, so I can't hate him. I liked the scene where they were outside the camp and Rick heard the children laughing, that was nice.

• Members

I found Michonne's reaction interesting. She's come a long way from the woman who walked around with two walkers on leashes. She knows what it's like to be alone and what being alone and unable to trust does to the soul. She found her humanity again and she wants to hold onto it. Unlike Rick who has lost so much he can't bring himself to trust. I have to admit I love the way Michonne and Rick have become family. I know there's a lot of people that want to see them get together (I can take or leave that. I don't watch this show for romance.) but functionally they already are a couple. When Rick talked about his hesitance to take "my family" into the community, it was clear to me that included Michonne. The disagreement between them functioned like a marital fight. Two parents trying to figure out what was best. Her hand on his at the end was sweet. Not in a romantic way but in a, "I got you" way. (Can you tell I'm ambivalent on a Rick/Michonne pairing? LOL!)

I'm sorry but Rick's plan to show up under cover of night was stupid so I wasn't surprised to see it go pear shaped in record time. But I lost all patience with him when he wanted to keep Aaron and Eric separated at the end. After all the insanity he's committed in the name of keeping his family together - surrounded by people who had routinely put Carl's and Judith's well-being first - it was hypocritical and pointlessly cruel to even suggest it. I like how it was Glenn who checked him. Glenn knew that if that were Maggie in that room nothing would keep him away.

I really liked this episode.

• Members

I don't think Michonne was desperate. I think she was just done, and knew - pragmatically, as well as emotionally - that they couldn't go on as they were forever. Like she told Rick, she's been where he is. She knows you have to come out the other side.

It was a pretty emotional episode for me, especially when balanced between the two poles of those characters, and I could've potentially been good ending the show there as opposed to seeing another safe haven potentially slide into misery. I think the endless survival horror grind can only last so long - my interest has always been in seeing people build a community after the apocalypse, the nuts and bolts of that, and the new dangers and issues that arise from that kind of new existence. It was a really well-done hour. And I thought the two guys were very sweet (even if Eric is inevitably doomed).

I loved Tara grinning like the Cheshire cat in the group shot at the end when Aaron said he was going in for his man - like 'yes, more gays!'

• Members

The annoying part is I keep seeing press about how Aaron and Eric are the show's first gay characters. And even fans who should know better don't - claiming Tara has never had a girlfriend and this is unfair (she did have a girlfriend), claiming Tara has "forgotten" she is gay so doesn't count, claiming that Tara is now in love with Glenn so is now straight.

Anyway, I haven't been able to get into the show much the last few weeks. I'm not sure why, as it hasn't really done anything to alienate me. Maybe it's just fatigue, or the weather, or the fans...who knows.