The Walking Dead: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2014/10/12/walking-dead-actor-discusses-characters-heroic-action/17172485/

Vee, I'd forgotten that. Hmm.

I have a feeling it won't happen (I mean Richonne), although I hope I'm wrong.

I think Andrew Lincoln said he improvised the Rick/Tyreese bit in the episode? If so, I'm glad he did.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

I won't call Carol a hero because it lessens the bad assery! The great thing about Carol causing the mayhem that released her team is that this was a gradual process. We watched her evolved. Carol, prior to the outbreak at the prison and the exile from the group, would not have been able to pull that off. It was an amazing [totally believable] eppy for her. Melissa rocked!

I hope Bob does not go, but I'm afraid we are stuck with Tyrese because he has a sibling. I swear this guy acts like there is time for twice a week counseling. He is a mess and I can't take him! I like that he slayed the walkers but he has not snapped out of it yet. Tyrese is a liability.

The reunions were the best part of the eppy and that says a lot since the eppy was so damn good.

So happy we are not at Terminus for an entire season. I was shocked they'd be free in the first eppy and it was nicely done.

• Members

That comment about Tyreese cracks me up. I do like him though. I think he and Carol are a good duo together.

There are so many relationships on this show with such beautiful little moments. I loved last night when that walker was about to kill Rick and Daryl saved him just in time.

• Members

I was kind of shocked, I know a lot of people were mad from season 4 finale. I wasn't expecting them to beat last seasons premiere ratings. The funny part these are live ratings, wait until all the dvr ratings come in.

Network TV must be pissed that a basic cable show is killing them, it even beat football last night!!

• Members

I've begun to wonder if they may actually have Tyreese and Carol hook up on the show after all. As twisted as it is, they now seem closer to each other than almost anyone else (sans Darryl - but Darryl doesn't know the things about Carol that Ty and Rick do).

I also keep thinking one or both of them have a target on their back this year, but I thought last year was Melissa McBride's last round-up too.

Edited by Vee

• Members

The first few moments of last night's episode terrified me. I don't remember the last time I got scared watching a show on TV!

I pretty much like everyone but Abraham. I just don't get him. But I've heard he was very popular in the comics. I admit I am surprised Michael Cudlitz got a higher billing placement than Emily Kinney and Chad Coleman.

• Members

Extraordinary premiere to Season 5. Tense and scary, edge of your seat entertainment. Everything worked (except the Red soldier, the rat-like scientist and the girl with the age-inappropriate hairdo). The reunions were very touching (yes, I cried) and God damn that post-credits shocker was beautiful! Carol was the motherfucking bad ass of the YEAR!

• Members

I'm just glad the Carol/Tyreese relationship is so different on the show than in the comics.

I can see where Abraham would work in a comic. He just feels shoehorned in on TV. He belongs on a different show. He belongs in some type of A-Team remake. His whole crew is much more suited to that atmosphere.

If they point out how isolated and odd that crew is and how they struggle to fit in with the others, that might be a good story.

If they have Abraham/Rick leadership battles, I'm just going to roll my eyes.

I thought they would drop, that the ratings had peaked after 4 seasons. I was shocked that they increased. They sure deserved it. The whole cast and crew put so much work into that premiere - it was a thing of beauty.