DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Listen, I would be happy if Johnny did anything besides offer Gabi cherry chocolates and turn crosses upside down..

But legitimately Marlena is a goldmine for podcasts.  Kidnapping, Possession, rape, affairs, death, not knowing your husband isn't your husband. GOLD

Edited by carolineg

• Members

I really have to wonder about anyone who would enjoy cherry chocolates.  Those things are so sickly sweet to me, lol.

Forget the podcasts.  Ladies and gentlemen, I present: "Marlena: the Miniseries."

(And, if Ron Carlivati were writing, it would star former "Electra Woman and Dyna Girl" actor Deidre Hall.  Which, yes, would mean Dee would be playing herself, lol.)

Edited by Khan

• Members

And just imagine the hilarity that would ensue as "Dee's good buddy," actor Wayne Northrop -- "y'know, the guy that played the limo driver on 'Dynasty'?" -- is cast to play "Roman," and he follows the real Roman around Salem, learning all he can about the guy?

Of course, John wouldn't be able to stand who gets cast to play him, because he still remembered when he played the dad on that "godawful sitcom" with Sandy Duncan "and that Bateman kid."  ("Do you HEAR the way he talks!?  Tell me, Doc, do I sound like that when I talk?")

Edited by Khan

• Members

I would legitimately enjoy that way too much.  It's more entertaining than Abby playing Marlena and this dumb movie with local non-actors starring as leads lol.  If Ron's going to be tongue in cheek like this or whatever he thinks he's doing, at least do it with enjoyable characters.

• Members

But wait!  There's more!

"Deidre" becomes jealous when Marlena does such a good job as her stand-in for the Marlena/Samantha scenes that the director of "Marlena: the Miniseries" wants to replace her with Doc herself!  Seeing a golden opportunity to stretch herself artistically slip through her soap diva fingers, "Deidre" (in quotes, because even though Dee's essentially playing herself, she's really an exaggerated version of herself) gets inspired by the script (and Marlena's own life story), stashes Marlena some place, and proceeds to impersonate Marlena and enlists none other than Hattie to play "Deidre."  So, now you've got Dee playing "Deidre," and Marlena, and Hattie, and "Deidre" AS Marlena (and Samantha in the movie), and Hattie AS "Deidre."

If that doesn't get her ass the Emmy, nothing will!

• Members

If this doesn't make me wish they threw an emmy at Deidre in the 80's nothing will..

Please register in order to view this content

DH is barely grasping Marlena these days-I can't take her playing multiple characters.  I actually watched the Deirde Hall Story: Never Say Never.  I am not fully convinced she could play herself.   Lol!  I love Marlena more than anyone, but no.  Ron would do this to them, but only show it like once every 2 weeks on screen so we couldn't even follow along.