The View

YRBB

• Members

kOBDpT4.jpg?1

Just saw that and it rubbed me the wrong way

http://www.hulu.com/watch/634701

Did you guys watch last week and see the shade she got on SNL last week?

Cecily: "You've always been a personal inspiration to me as a news anchor"

Babs: "Well, but Im a real news anchor. Cecily Im a serious person. Im not like some fake anchor like you or Connor"

Cecily: "Oh,but you're a cohost on The View" LOL

Haha, so true. She lost all credibility with this show

LOL...what did you expect? For them to start pulling wigs? I just saw it and thought it was a good show. Better than her finale as it wasnt solely about her.

Why? That  bitch is just as old and likely headed for retirement soon herself

Edited by Cheap21

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

"The View" needs a massive, massive overhaul. Whoopi, Sherri and Jenny all need to be replaced. ABC could even launch a new ad campaign around it -- "A WHOLE DIFFERENT VIEW," or some malarkey.

Edited by Khan

• Members

I disagree with you on both counts. First Star. Barbara told Star that ABC/View was not going to renew her contract a while before she announced Rosie as the new co-host. What Barbara did after telling Star about her contract is inmaterial. They had a date set so Star could make her announcement and they would give her a big send off (like they did with Merridith.) Star made her own plans and look how great it turned out. Every show she's been on since The View has failed.

God i hate talking about Rosie because i think deep down she's classless. She can pretend to be great and she did it for many years on her show but behind that veneer, she's a mess. Anyway, that day with Elizabeth, Barbara was out on a cruise ship with judge judy. It was a live show. She didn't know how heated the topic was going to get. they had been talking about the war for a long time. Rosie and Elizabeth both just got out of control (Elizabeth should take just as much blame as Rosie.) I do not beleive Barbara had anything to do with what happend because she wasn't even around and it was live. I don't know who did the split screen but I don't see the big hoopla about it. They should do it more often so they don't hop from one to the other.

• Members

I used to love Rosie, but after actually listening to some of her podcasts, I've learned she's very fake and snobby. She went on and on about how Elisabeth was her friend even though they has extremely different views, and then weeks after she left she made a podcast about how stupid Elisabeth was. She's fake af.

They need to hire somebody likable. Whoppi can be very rude, Sherri can be very stupid, and Jenny has that autism mess behind her shoulder. I also think they should hire someone conservative. My great grandmother used to watch The View and loved Elisabeth (I know) and know she's quit watching because they are all liberal.

I'm ditching this [!@#$%^&*] when the real comes back.

• Members

I liked Rosie for a while during her 1990's show. She had great soap opera guests (something talk shows rarely did at the time and most still lack IMO.) But even back then you could see the veneer cracking. I was happy when she left the show and then when Barbara welcomed her publicly at the emmy's, I hated it but i figured i would give it a shot. it was a nightmare season. then years later she had the show on OWN and it was OK but it was canceled pretty quickly. I hope Barbara doesn't make the same mistake twice. I don't think Bill Geddie would continue with the show if Barbara did let Rosie come back full time. I heard he threatend to quit while she was on the first time.

I am looking forward to the new season to see who comes on. If I lie them , i'll continue watching it. if not, i won't. Without Barbara, it's pretty simple. I did love that second to last show much better than the last. Hillary Clinton kind of bored me a little bit. I also loved the Friday episode with Bette Midler. That was fun.

• Members

I agree there needs to be some overhaul. Ever since Joy and Elizabeth left(not a fan, but she was a counter view anyway) the show has gone down the tubes a bit. Supposedly there were "focus groups" who wanted a less political/current event focus. Can viewers really like this pablum version? I think there can be a middle ground somewhere. I like Whoopi fine and even like Sherri. Add a smart conservative who isn't too far right, get rid of Jenny, and add someone similar to Joy but not as caustic.

• Members

I heard that as well and I don't buy it. Not that "The View" was ever daytime TV's answer to "The McLaughlin Group," but in seasons past, their political-oriented discussions often were a highlight for viewers, regardless of political affiliations. So, all of a sudden -- after, what, sixteen seasons -- these same viewers have decided they don't like the panel discussing politics? Bull. Spit.

• Members

The panel is just tired and has little chemistry. I agree they need an overhaul in order to survive, look what it did for The Talk. I would start by bringing Star back, firing Sherri and Jenny and adding a big name news anchor like an Ann Curry, Jane Pauley or Connie Chung for Barbara's seat. Then bring in someone young again and an actress. I'd say something like Star, Whoopi, Lisa Rinna, Connie Chung & Insert-Young-One Here could work.

• Members

I'm down for bringing in Jane Pauley to replace Babs and Whoopi as elder statesmanperson and moderator, respectively. But I'm not sure about bringing back Star Jones. Life after "The View" probably humbled her immensely; however, bad blood might still exist between her camp and theirs.

What about the original "Elaine Benes," comedienne Carol Leifer, joining the panel? Or maybe Merrill Markoe, who'd been David Letterman's original HW (and longtime gf) back when he was on NBC?