DAYS: Character Recast + Jennifer Spoilers

• Members

Evidently, it seems the role of Abby Deveraux has been recast - Ashley Benson not returning to the role.

Apparently Jennifer and Abby return to Salem, without Jack, who is supposedly roaming around across the world on the tail of a big story.

Abby is mad at her Dad, and urges Jennifer to start dating Ty Treadway's character. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Oh lord, Missy Reeves in another dud, chemistry free pairing, until they decide to rehire Matt Ashford 6 months later? :lol:

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

"Missy Reeves" and "chemistry free pairing" are not two phrases I usually see together. :) And Treadway and Reeves might be good together. Who knows?

Reeves and Reckell also work well together. But of course Missy's strength is in scenes with other women.

• Members

if they are bringing Jennifer back for him, then it looks like that wont be the case. I like Jenn in small doses. She never really did much for me and my annoyance with her is that they never let her branch out too far from Jack which is a shame bc outside of the early 90s, they always half-assed that relationship. They held her back and didnt let her reach the potential she could have. Id rather see Kayla back full time than Jennifer. The one good thing about Jenn being back is that Carly will have a true friend. Im sick of everyone in town hating on her.

Im glad Abby is coming back. She should have been the future of Days and I was shocked how quickly they canned her character without doing much with her. I could have easily seen her in Melanie's current role as the show's young heroine

Guest dc cubs

I think Treadway's character's role might expand. I wouldn't be surprised if he eventually ends up on contract. Days just did a photo shoot featuring some new character shots and I was surprised to see that Treadway's character did get featured. I don't know if they would do that if he was just short term.

• Members

Even if Matt Ashford were to return (again!), there's no guarantee that they'd write for him and Missy, or that their story would be any good. ("In the House," anyone, lol?) That's why I don't advocate bringing him or MR back under any circumstances. I realize Jack and Jennifer were/are a much-beloved couple - hey, I loved them, too! - and that Jenn herself is a legacy character for this show. OTOH, it seems like we, as DAYS viewers, have a hard time accepting them as separated and/or involved in new and different relationships. Yet, as the saying goes, if there's no conflict for these two, then there's no story. (Of course, I think one way to remedy this would be to make Jack & Jennifer more supporting characters for their daughter, Abby's, dramas - but good luck getting DAYS to go along with that idea!)

And no, killing off Jack is not the answer. We've tried that before, remember?

• Members

I myself have NO problem with Jennifer being relinquished of her supercouple duties with Jack Deveraux. Jenn is quite interesting and dynamic enough without her silly, oafish husband. I realize there are many Jack & Jenn supporters, but I do think many people just really love the Jennifer character and Melissa Reeves in the role, and would accept her sans Jack. Especially since only 10 people watch DAYS these days :) can't piss off too many peeps...

That said, the whole "Jack is off on another goosechase/get-rich-quick scheme" excuse is lame and trite. But I suppose that's better than killing him off for the 89th time.

• Members

Can I ask when was Jennifer ever interesting and dynamic without Jack around? Maybe in 80´s with Frankie, I didn´t watch then but it seems they had that classic teen romance with few adventures the show used to be popular for. But after 1993 Jennifer was always passive and in the last decade she got downright horrible. Whinning, undecisive, fickle, self-righteous, and really really boring. I really don´t think interesting and dynamic are words I would use for someone who is either having some boring nondate and pretends she doesn´t know the guy she is with cannot wait till he gets into her pants, or makes a tee and listens to a half of Salem.

• Members

I think Reeves & Treadway would be hot. I'm all for Jack & Jennifer breaking up. Love the characters but never liked them as a couple. I always wanted a Jack/Billie pairing.

The only part, I don't like is Abby wanting Jennifer to break-up with Jack. Abby was always close with her dad. I wonder if how old Jack Jr will be.

• Members

Meh, that proves nothing - he had all his organs harvested and he still came back.

Anyway, don't give Dena ideas - she will bring him back as a talking head on a silver platter and he'll be Maggie's new maitre'd.

As for the spoilers - grinding me down Days, grinding me down...

Archived