The View: Whoopi and Joy walk off the set

Cheap21

• Members

Amen. He would never blanket label Baptists that way, though the words "Westboro" and "extremist" kind of go hand in hand. And even as a Christian, I am offended when sweeping statements are made about us. I am a Baptist, of the black American Pentecostal-tinged tradition, raised in a very loving and inclusive church and I don't appreciate my faith being disparaged.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That reprimand was tame especially compared to how she publically humiliated Starr Jones. I don't respect either Joy or Whoppi for walking off. Whoppi is a drama queen diva who believes her [!@#$%^&*] don't stink and Barbara was her usual condescending self. Funny how she managed to get a dig in at The Talk in her peace maker routine.

• Members

But she's right. Other people do try to copy them and not just The Talk. Remember that all-male version of The View a few years ago called The Other Half? Wanda Sykes talk show (which I loved) featured a panel that was obviously inspired by The View. Sorry but this is a case of "don't hate the player, hate the game."

That said, I don't have a big problem with how Babs handled this. Barabara is a journalist. Whoopi and Joy are comedians. Barbara has interviewed serial killers and dictators. She's more than equipped to deal with the likes of O'Reilly. Whoopi and Joy weren't prepared for someone that crazy. I can see where Barbara doesn't want to have to worry about both her guest AND her staff going off.

Also, does Elizabeth really expect us to believe she had a conversation with a Muslim man? Bitch, please!

• Members

Talk about blowing [!@#$%^&*] out of proportion, you would have thought the woman died with that formal as hell scripted direct address to the audience. Big deal, she said she was leaving, and YOU didn't get to say it. "But we had it all planned out..." I have to give Starr the point for that one. You fire me and tell me how I'm supposed to slink away quietly on your terms? Do you all KNOW Starr?? Of course you do, that's why you fired her. I was bothered even more by Larry King kissing Barbara's ass from across town while interviewing Starr, taking on an obvious, unprofessional slant in Barbara's favor. I don't care if he and Barbara are "friends." I'm willing to bet that the Starr "problem" could have been nipped in the bud if they at down with her as sister-friends instead of buttoning up and rolling their eyes whenever she showed her tail, and showed her tail she did as a strong, opinionated woman who was suddenly making LOTS of money and losing LOTS of weight. She really needed a friend on that show to take her aside.

• Members

Gayle gets on my nerves too, but Mark the perv was the worst. There were a couple of times he made inappropriate flirty comments to women like we all don't know that he's married and the much more famous woman that he's married to. So out of order.

• Members

Wow, Joy and Whoopi grandstanding and O'Reilly getting free PR finally come with a bonus -- Juan Williams, Republican sycophant known for such gems as saying Michelle Obama is Stokely Carmichael in a dress, has gotten the boot from NPR.

http://tpmlivewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/10/npr-fires-juan-williams-over-remarks-made-about-muslims-on-oreilly-factor-video.php?ref=fpi

Archived