AMC/OLTL/GH: Repeat episodes air on October 27th

• Members

what a horrible line up. So instead of showing an episode that everyone might actually enjoy--even something like Erica's ball where the roof fell in on everyone or perhaps the episode of GH where the entire cast is trapped in a burning hotel, they opt instead for some garbage that only appeals to fanbasers for whom just the mere act seeing some couple together soothes their furrowed brow. Who cares that Jason and Sam were in Hawaiii five years ago? So if I am not a Jasam fan, why am I tuning in again?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

While not really a favorite era (though I guess that's when McTavish was still pretty strong), I'm pleased AMC is going back more than 5 years--which IMHO is the real point and advantage of having these repeats anyway (you paying attention OLTL?). Still if they had to do Ryan and Greenlee, how much neater would it have been to show the episode where they first met up back in '99 or whenever. OK, not ABC would prob never think that way--but... That's the way I wish they'd take advantage of these episodes--like Jack and Erica are back? well, show a repeat episode of their drama when she cheated on Travis with him back in '90 or whenever, don't show us them having an argument one year ago... For soap watchers, a year ago is really very little time at all.

• Members

Happy belated birthday...Hope you had a wonderful day and all your wishes come true....

According to what I read it is that whatever they air "has something to do with the storyline now" its to enhance their current storyline...Nikolas and Courtney (Courney is dead) Jax/Elizabeth/Emily (Emily is dead), maybe Luke /Tracy/Lulu could have something that would "enhance or relate to their current storyline...also Carly at Roselawn and Jason segment its about a baby w/Sam so? (Diego and Georgie are dead)...IMO its about the non-ending pimping and marketing of JaSam.

I'm not a Sam fan so I won't be watching this. I agree with the previous poster I would prefer vintage GH instead of this. It seems its all about them in accordance to SID since that is what they tweeted. Their focus is "JaSam Fans"

• Members

Thanks!

I dont see this non-ending pimping and marketing of JaSam. Ever since I started watching again late last fall, the two have not had a single storyline for them as a couple. Sam herself is pretty non-existant. They dont write for her and she simply exists to prop Jason up, agreeing with him and giving him someone to kiss when he's not in danger. She played a backseat to all his story over the last year so I fail to see the push and marketing behind them. I used to love them as a couple and wish more was done with them, but GH hasnt shown much interest behind them. Sam's his ride or die chick that doesnt try to change him and is the obedient mob moll waiting at home. Maybe things are about to change and if this repeat episode is a sign of that, then its about damn time bc JaSam as a couple has not been a focus on GH for at least a year

since now

• Members

Um... with viewership as shaky as it is, do you really think it's wise to make viewers wait three days for a new episode? I'm all for putting the cost-cutter right in the middle of the week. Wednesdays, especially on GH, are typically uneventful filler anyways.

Archived