1982 - AMC & OLTL cast party

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have to admit I did a double take when they kept referring to her as Viki and not mentioning that she was Viki because Erika Slezak was on maternity leave. This was in the era before pre-taping so when you were out for maternity leave and recast you were out for quite a while (I think Erika was gone six months?), but still. I wonder if Erika read this article and got a little worried. :lol:

I don't think Louis had any children.

I wonder how Christine was in the role. I've never seen any of her work as Viki.

• Members

You guys beat me to the two points I was ready to make: Louis' "son" and them referring to CJ as Viki like she wasn't a temp.

My mom and her best friend were huge AMC viewers at this time and they thought Carl was the most annoying child actor ever. :lol:

• Members

That's funny about the kid, Carl Grant. How long did Nancy last after this anyway?

I love how Ruth always seems so happy in these cast photos. She just seemed to love AMC and you could always tell.

How long was Michael Woods Kent Bogard? Didn't they recast him with a foreign actor, the guy who was on EON? Or is that someone else?

Clint Ritchie looks a bit like Benjamin Hendrickson in that photo.

• Members

I looked up Louis on imdb and it mentions he had a nephew (his sister's son) who died of AIDS. I wonder if the boy in the pic may be the nephew.

I had been watching AMC and OLTL a few years at this time. I recall Erika going on maternity leave and CJ coming in. Viki was still living in the gatehouse and embroiled with Ted Clayton at the time.

I also remember CR and CE dating. That was the last time I ever heard/read anything about CR's relationships.

Carl, yes Michael Woods was replaced by Lee Godart (Eliot Dorn from EON). It was Lee's Kent that got offed by Silver Kane.

I know Chuck (RvF) was like this heartthrob on AMC but I always found him bland and uninteresting.

Always nice to see a young (well, ok, middle aged!) and handsome Clint Ritchie. :wub:

• Members

I remember you saying that! Which is interesting because I recall a gentleman at WoST who did a great interview of CE and Robin Strasser back in the early '80s saying that it was RS who was the disagreeable one while CE practically apologized for her associate's behaviour.

• Members

she was horrible. It was so long ago I don't remember everything, but there was a lot of "I'd like a glass of..." and then as soon as you bring it back someone else asked for the exact same thing requiring more of your attention and therefore your other tables get less attention. That's annoying but expected. What wssn't expected was after being difficult for 3 hours and unsatisfied with everything, I presented this big star the bill for her party of four, and she had the nerve to ask for separate checks. By that time I no longer remembered what they ordered and it was two hours later and I had eight tables in my station. And who asks for separate checks besides the cheapest of the cheap? I mean how petty can you be, Miss TV Star? Just divide the bill four ways you cheap @#$^&! And then when I could not rattle off which one of them had which drinks two hours earlier, this bitch gave me attitude. So I went back to the cash register with the check and basically faked it creating 4 bills just randomly dividing the food. Now they get their bills and they left me I think a 10% tip.

I was so excited when I saw "Donna" sitting at my table, but she was more like some combination of Opal and Enid.

• Members

When was this? She was a pretty big breakout star in the 70s. She was very young at the time, so maybe some of the fame went to her head. She always seemed nice and gracious in interviews. I remember reading an interview with her in one of the mags in the late 80s. It was during the time that her screen time diminished significantly and she was essentially reduced to being Natalie's shoulder to cry on. She seemed to take the "demotion" in stride and talked about how Kate Collins was a very gracious acting partner who would always kind enough to not try and steal the spotlight during a scene, even though almost all of their scenes were about Natalie.

Archived