August 9-13, 2010

Toups

• Administrator

I did the math on these, so obviously it's unofficial. :)

If GH didn't include Tuesday's 3pm ratings:

Total Viewers: 2,652,000 (+91,000)

W18-49 Viewers: 843,000 (+33,000)

HH: 1.9 (same)

W18-49: 1.3 (+.1)

W18-34: 0.9 (+.1)

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

How funny that AMC went up when it was not a big event week for that show (unless you count Kendall's latest return), while GH went DOWN. They actually LOST viewers.

And they LOST viewers in 18-49 female, which is precisely the demo which grew up watching Vanessa and should have tuned back in for her.

Even without the repeat numbers there's barely an increase.

It's time for GH to stop the stunts and to get a writer who is not a hack.

• Members

No bump for GH's 18 to 49 women demos. That is not good. You would think that people would have tuned in to see VM. GH also got no bump when Franco started both times. GH will likely get something when Sonny and Brenda finally meet.

So no ratings for the earlier GH repeats. The 3:00 p.m. repeat did better than I expect.

• Members

Toups, how did I get up +90,000? Same thing, though. Don't worry.

I think ABC thought those re-runs were going to get new episode ratings, obviously - and obviously they were wrong.

I'd give GH the 2,651,000 average despite ABC being stupid and counting Tuesday. That's still kind of sucky for "the great Vaness Marcil" but this will only truly be a failure when Sonny/Brenda's reunion (first time seeing each other) scenes also fail to get a significant bump.

• Members

I wonder even about that.

Both this and Jonathan Jackson's return should have been a solid boost to 18-49 female. A lot of women in that age range idolized Lucky and Brenda back in the day. Apparently GH's decade of ugliness towards women was enough to keep them away, either that or they just prefer to leave the past in the past.

• Administrator

LOL Yeah.

If it was up to me, I would've had VM's first episode on a Monday and I definitely wouldn't have done the 3 repeats.

But I do believe the ratings will go up once the story heats up and when she starts interacting with the citizens of PC again.

• Members

Too much time has past, too much ruination of the characters. S/B's reunion onwards will do better than this (fall, August is typically ABC's lowest rated month for the soaps, she'll begin connecting with PC characters) but this ain't going to be 2003. It'll be nice, eventually, but not 2003.

• Members

Her first episode was the highest of the week so that is a small victory for ABC.

I just saw OLTL's daily ratings. I predict that the Usual Suspects will engage in the weekly AMC/OLTL cancellation war. Prove me wrong, folks.

• Members

I wouldn't be surprised if the ratings didn't increase. I've grown apathetic about "big returns". I tuned in to GH one day last week, took a second of a peek. Yep, that was Brenda alright. And with my curiosity satisfied I changed the channel and haven't tuned in since. I don't think I'm alone. I don't think people care anymore. Maybe ten years ago, but not now.

Archived