TV Guide Interview with Goutman about ATWT's finale

• Members

Speaking of dull....Chris Hughes is do damn dull...I could care less if he dies or not....if the Dylan Bruce was back in the role I might care. This Chris is just so damn blah......

The tribute they gave her was pure s h i t!! It was all about Chris and Katie(Goutman's main pet...now that he told us that in his interview). I gaged reading his kissing Terri a s s.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think that it was a bit more complicated. Reid was created by DK. If ATWT had not been cancelled, it was unlikely that DK would have let Goutman or Passanante destroy his sole creation in favor of horrific Noah. However, once DK left, Reid was doomed. In the end, ESS's popularity probably saved Reid from going psycho and instead they chose to kill off Reid. Not that it matters. All these couples that Goutman are slapping together suck as far as I am concerned.

• Members

At one point is was rumored DK was the HW of ATWT and Jean was just there in name only. Goutman is just a coward! He had no balls to keep Reid and Luke together. The only ending I like is Jack and Carly....and Lucinda and John.....

Babs and Henry.....puke.....they should have left him with Vienna...and not made her all loony.......Babs and Henry is just laughable as Will laughed and snickered at when he returned....them being together is one thing but marrying them off....ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

• Members

The idea is basically the same. The longtime couple gets back together on the back of a new character who was killed very soon before the reunion. The main difference is HO apparently planned it that way all along whereas I doubt Reid was going to die until recently. Either way it's just awful writing and pleases no one, unless someone just hates Reid and doesn't care about the rest.

• Members

I can believe this. A month or two after DK arrived, stories on ATWT felt different. They were better paced, but that didn't last long.

It doesn't really matter at this point. ATWT was a nightmare for years. It was a miracle that ATWT and GL hadn't been cancelled five years or more years ago. Both soaps got more years of stinking up the place than they deserved.

• Members

Yet they only brought Craig back right around the time Kieron was killed. I think they somehow believed it was great drama if this reunion happened when Kieron was a corpse. I kind of get the same idea here, that it's somehow some great drama if Nuke get back together with Reid dead.

• Members

From what I read James Sutton extended his stay on Hollyoaks so it that Guy Burnet's schedule could be freed up so the characters of Craig and John Paul could go off together. However, I do agree with you that Kirkwood pushed back Kieron's demise to coincide with John Paul and Craig's departure as a ratings stunt.

• Members

I flove this part

TVG: Are you going to submit yourself next year for Emmy consideration?

ESS: I’ll talk to the producers about that. I’ll have to look into the process and figure out how it all works.

TVG: You may have to compete against Van Hansis.

ESS: That wouldn’t be fun …

I like how he took his wife's name.....lol

TVG: Speaking of writing, Reid’s dialogue is some of the best in daytime. Do you contribute?

ESS: I ask if I can change things here and there sometimes. The writing is usually on the page. Sometimes I’ll help clean up a joke to make it dirtier.

LOL......haha

TVG: It takes the viewer out of the story.

ESS: I’m sure it’s frustrating to watch because it’s not a natural progression of a real relationship between two people. With gay couples, they’ll write us in circles so they can avoid us making out or having sex

BINGO!!

Gotta love Eric Sheffer Stevens! I loved his answers to all of the questions asked.

Archived