TV Guide Interview with Goutman about ATWT's finale

• Members

Balderdash. There's nothing anyone could have done with the extravagantly miswritten character "Noah Mayer." Montgomery Clift (and I LOVE Montgomery Clift) could not have made it work, even before the accident. Matt Bomer (whom I LOVE today instead of Montgomery Clift) couldn't make "Noah" work. "Noah" was completely and systematically pre-pussified by the time it got to Jake.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sing it, sister.

I had this moment of intense, profound sadness when I finished watching yesterday, knowing what we all know about Reid's fate. "His heart is going...in...THAT??????????" I suppose it's appropriate, though, given the way this soap opera has disrespected both its gay characters and its gay (and maybe other) viewers.

It's the end of a 22-year habit for me, watching daytime. It seems especially unpleasant to me that after that fateful day in Sept., Barbara, Kim, Bob, Lily and Holden, and Lucinda, to say nothing of Luke, Noah, and Reid, are going to cease to exist except in memory. My erstwhile shrink would say this is worthy of a period of mourning.

Archived