Y&R: Week of August 9, 2010

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can't believe that Y&R, which had a halfway ok cliffhanger on Friday (Adam unexpectedly kisses Sharon, and she responds) didn't pick up with that scene immediately on Monday. Whatever one may think about either of these two characters and their insta-love, it is basic Soap-Writing 101 that you follow up on a cliffhanger, especially if you want to push that couple, which Y&R does. Jeez!

Having said that, I sort of like SC and MM's chemistry together. Which just highlights again how superfluous the character of Nick has become. How ironic that Sharon was supposed to be the damaged goods as a result of the Neverending Triangle -- what with the stealing and nymphomania and NUT RISPECKTIN MY MERRIDGE!!! and then marrying her baby-knapper -- and yet Nick has arguably come out of this hot tranny mess the worst.

Eric Roberts -- I hate to say it because it was such stunt casting -- but he's doing well. He also has an awesome speaking voice.

• Members

They are fabulous together. I was ready to hate the pairing because it was uber-rushed (they married after what 5 seconds? not even on B&B, Maria!) but Muhney shines with Case who's always a good sport.

I also like the dynamic between Sharon and Adam. They are the only thing working in this quadrangle/fivetangle/sixtanle/whatever mess. As you said, the whole Nick angle is beyond superflous. Oh, and how they are wasting the actress playing Skye... Nothing like bringing a character back from the dead for sh*t. There are really few spots to enjoy about Y&R anymore.

• Members

So glad it wasn't just me re: Sharon & Adam. :) I thought their kiss on Friday was actually quite swoony!

OK *deep breath* I can't believe I'm suggesting story for the Mustache but... are Victor and Nikki married yet? If not, suppose Victor got Skye to sell Adam out again -- in exchange for marrying her so that she could dine off the Newman name? I'm not talking another romance for Victor AT ALL. This is a business arrangement. Anyhoo, Skye ends up spending tons of money and throwing it in Victor, Nikki, Vamptoria, Nick and Adam's faces. She uses some for "shopping" but really in order to play the markets. Skye would be awesome as the golddigging vixen who marries for money and runs the Newmans ragged. Can you imagine Nikki vs. Skye? Miaow!

• Members

LMAO at Lame!

Doctor: You can take your babies home today!

Cane: Like, today today? Today, today? (Me: god you're an idiot)

Lily: Like, OMG! (opens mouth wide, giggles)

nuMalcolm (munching sandwich): Whatever help you need, Devon and I will be there. (Me: yeah, raising them).

Cane: OMG. I love yew so much, baby. *covers Lily in kisses*

Lily (giggles uncomfortably): Um. Yay! (turns to nuMalcolm and Devon). Like, OMG. This is it, you guys! Our dreams are cumPLEET!

I swear that this is an actual transcript of the opening scene in today's episode.

• Members

OMG, the Abbotts are having breakfast together?! Is this a dream?

TRACI!!!!!

Maria, PUT BETH MAITLAND ON CONTRACT! I don't care what they pay her. Cut loose the Lame dead-weight and expensive Special Guest Stars if need be. Just keep her on the show! This is exactly the tentpole character Y&R so badly needs.

• Members

I couldn't tell which doll-wrapped-in-blankets Lily was holding. But Neil just did a hilarious teary-eyed monologue!

Neil: Look at this. How special is this moment? (spritzes sanitizer on his hands before taking the babies) You know, Lily, when you were born and your mother placed you in my arms, you took my breath away.

Lily (preens and giggles)

Neil: You were the most beautiful baby I had ever seen...

Lily (giggling): DAAAAAAA-aaaaaaaaad!

Neil: ...until right now. (looks at babies)

Lily: :o

Archived