OLTL: Discussion for the week July 26

• Members

Kind of like what AMC could have done with Taylor and her mother, if Taylor hadn't been so pathetic. Making Evangeline a devilish character would enliven a lot of stories, from John/Natalie, to Todd "I pay for everything I do" Manning to Layla/Cristian. She could expose Eli and everyone would assume she's still a good person, and then she would start up. Hopefully without killing day players and some random character last seen in the Reagan era (Mimi King NOOOOOOO!!!!).

Back to OLTL -- the cynicism of dragging in Bo to prop Nathesulah is sad...

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think Tea is a better lawyer and a better character than Evangeline, but if Tea is heading out the show will need another lawyer. You can play up the fact that Van wasn't realy a great lawyer and have her compensate for it post-coma by coming back as the scheming "better sister" out to ruin Layla's life and get what she wants - Cristian, John in bed, prestige, whatever - through underhanded means. But if it came down to one on contract, I'd do the story with Van, write her back out, and have her visit and cause trouble from time to time while keeping Tea around. Not in dead-end stories like the one she has now with Todd, mind.

I have never been a fan of Evangeline or the Williamson family proper, but I do like Layla, I like crazy Janet Hubert, and I like the possibility of reworking Evangeline in a family-based story that would showcase Layla and hopefully Tika Sumpter. It would at least be an exciting story for black characters. To my recollection no other soap has a single one today. No, I don't count Angie's disease story on AMC. Darn and I have a much more incorrect name for it, but nevermind.

Archived