ATWT July 2010 Discussion Thread

• Members

Yeah Goutman does suck and your right that's why the show was canceled. The Barbara storyline isn't the worse, but I was hoping it was going to end today. I even thought it was when Henry heard her voice, but no it has to be on another week. Atleast Lisa was on and not because of Liberty like she was last time. Susan better get some more airtime before the show ends. That's the vet I want to see more cause all the other ones have been seen more then her this year. If something is wrong with Marie then I can understand, but if there isn't it's messed up that the show won't use her for Emily and Alison problems or stuff at the hospital. I would be happy if she took Bob's chief of staff position.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think TPTB thought this Babs locked up with memories would serve as some form of tribute to the character--thus the James visit and the entire cast getting all worried. It sucks but that isn't exactly a shock. James should be the one pulling this stunt considering he has tortured Babs for so many years and this relationship has been such a major part of ATWT. Also, it would have given Paul, Emily and Barbara a common foe and, therefore, a focus. As the show comes to a close, all major characters should be focused and moving in a similiar direction: A happy ending. TPTB has really milked the CarJack reunion. Jack and Carly should have already coasted back together so that, for the final 2.5 months, fans could enjoy them as a happy couple putting their family back together. The easiest means to do this would have been to marry Janet and Dusty months ago. I have this bad feeling that all 'supercouples' will reunite in the final two weeks of the show.

I'd much rather watch them happily planning new futures. Maybe a baby for Emily since she wants a kid so badly; John Dixon in Luncinda's life with Sierra and Lucy moved back for good; Lilly and Holden repairing their fractured relationship with Faith; and Molly finally realizing that she doesn't need a man to give her purpose. Just a few ideas...

BTW, Marie Masters has been off contract for some time now and I doubt Goutman wants to spend money on really using Susan when he can have Iris or some other looser.

Archived