ALL: They Almost Became

• Members

Soap Central reported, in both December 2000 and January 2001 that Robin Christopher was "dropping anchor in Port Charles just in case Emmy-winner Brown decides not to renew her contract." Gina Tognoni was another name, per the January report, to take on the role of Carly. However, Christopher's involvement as a potential recast was never stated... just that she would be "dropping anchor" in Port Charles and, to me, that reads as Skye coming to town. And when it was announced in June 2001 she was joining General Hospital as Skye, the report stated: "Earlier this spring, you'll recall that Soap Central reported that Robin Christopher (Skye Chandler) was rumored to be a permanent addition to the General Hospital cast. Christopher, whose character has bobbed from All My Children and then to One Life to Live, was reported to have been tapped to provide a 'replacemen' for actress Sarah Brown (ex-Carly)." That, to me, reads as Skye coming to town as a Carly replacement. Not a recast of the role.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

Billy Warlock said on SOD podcast before getting GH's AJ, he auditioned for Port Charles before they began filming

Billy said he cant remember who he auditioned with  but given his age, I bet he auditioned for Frank Scanlon that went to Jay Pickett

Billy also said that Blue Lagoons Christopher Atkins also auditioned for AJ  at the same time. SOD had reported back in 1997 that Judson Mills (Hutch, ATWT) also read for AJ

Before bringing Robin over as Skye to OLTL from AMC in 1999,  JFP considered casting Robin as Cassie. However the way JFP let the previous Cassie go and fear that ABC fans wouldnt see Robin as anyone but Skye, led them to bring Skye to Llanview

Edited by John

• 4 months later...
  • Members

She made the right choice in terms of longevity, but thankfully we still got Alexa Havins as Babe, who was a star. Who could she have been on OLTL? She said all the networks, so passing on DAYS during the Brash & Cwikly/Higley 1.0/JER 2.0 year was a smart choice. Couldn't even begin to guess who she could have ended up being on one of the CBS shows. I wonder why the shows wanted her so badly over seemingly anyone else from PC.

Edited by Bright Eyes