TVGuide- B&B: Pam's Big Secret Revealed!

• Members

http://www.tvguidemagazine.com/soaps/pams-big-secret-revealed-on-bb-5084.html

Pam's Big Secret Revealed on B&B

by Michael Logan May 17, 2010 12:18 PM EST

The Bold and the Beautiful is about to venture into virgin territory—literally. On May 25, it will be revealed that Pam Douglas—the bossy, middle-aged wackadoo played by Alley Mills—has never had sex! But that’ll soon change. Pam will be wooed and deflowered by Patrick Duffy’s character, Stephen Logan, though the guy has a lot more than romance in mind. Recently widowed, Stephen unfairly blames Pam’s sister, Stephanie (Susan Flannery), for his wife’s death by drowning and he wants revenge. He intends to manipulate Pam—who is bipolar—into doing the dirty work and will convince her to go off her meds cold turkey. He’ll also purchase a gun from sleazy security guard Mike Guthrie (fan fave Ken Hanes, who’s back for six episodes). You do the math. TV Guide Magazine spoke with Mills and got the scoop on Pam’s big secret.

Pam being a virgin really shouldn’t be such a stunner, but it is!

It’s really kind of sad, isn’t it? Pam’s entirely in denial about it. She spent her whole life taking care of her mother [Ann, played by Betty White] and never had a life of her own. [Laughs] I should have seen this coming. I remember the very first outfit I wore as Pam—a pair of flesh-colored wool pants, really unflattering, and a really high flesh-colored wool turtleneck and a white sweater with scallops on it. When I saw that outfit I thought, “Oh, poor girl.” I wore that for 10 episodes! And Betty White sat there in her rocking chair in this big poufy get-up going, “Alley, I look like a muffin!” That was Pam and Ann’s pathetic life back in Chicago.

How does Pam’s lack of sexual experience get revealed?

It starts with Stephanie trying to set her up on a blind date with Jarrett, who’s just so elegant and wrong for Pam. They go off to the coffee house and have an awkward, not very successful date. Pam calls Stephanie to come pick her up and, while she’s waiting, Stephen comes in. He’s openly furious about Beth’s drowning—he misunderstands and thinks Stephanie killed her—and he’s really mean to Pam but she sees how hurt he is. She goes back to the coffee house the next day looking for him, and they have these really sweet scenes. They meet there a couple of times and Pam thinks he’s taking a shine to her. They get along, it’s easy for them to talk, and Pam makes it clear that she’s never been with a man. Stephen also finds out that Pam’s on medication and he starts to get an idea of what she might be capable of. He tells her she needs to experience all of life, and that she should get off her meds.

Now, there’s a pick up line! So there’s no genuine affection or attraction on Stephen’s part? It’s all b.s.?We’ll never know! It sure seems real to Pam. He comes across so open and caring. I’ve known Patrick Duffy 30 years in real life, so it’s easy for me to be with him, but it’s really hard knowing he’s plotting something.

Does Stephanie know Pam’s a virgin?

I think she assumes it. She knows how dire the situation is. That’s why she’s setting her up on a date. And, of course, Pam can’t tell Stephanie that she’s seeing Stephen. This is like the Capulets and Montagues. Pam can’t be with a Logan. No way. Stephanie would kill her!

Where does the sex happen? We want details!

Pam finally has digs! Stephen doesn’t have a place to live so he moves in with her just for a couple of days—in the spare bedroom, of course, because Pam’s so ladylike. That’s always been the big joke on the show—where does Pam live? At the Motel 6? Well, it turns out she has a cute little bungalow with two bedrooms and a view! Who knew? That Patrick Duffy is a really good kisser, by the way. [Laughs] And you can print that! But say hello to his wife, Carlyn, for me, because I know her very well. She trusts me. I’ve known her for 30 years, too!

Is there an actual sex scene, or do we just cut to the morning after?

Oh, you definitely see us in bed! I’d gotten into a groove as crazy Aunt Pam so I never thought I’d have sex on the show. [Laughs] I feel like I’m finally on a soap opera! But it was a very strange experience getting into bed with a crew standing by that I’ve known for so long now. We have all these girls on our show with their amazing bodies and their little teddies and I was, like, “I’m not doing that! Everyone’s going to laugh at me!”

So what did you wear?

A tube top so I look naked. But I don’t think they really wanted much skin from the over 60 crowd! They wanted my leg over Patrick’s leg. We had a little bit of stuff going on.

Where is this headed? Won’t this leave Pam even more screwed up than she already is?

I’m afraid so. She grew up seeing her father be so abusive to Stephanie, so the idea that men are bad was formed in her mind at a very early age. This could send her back to that really dark place. I can’t go into what happens, but it gets pretty gnarly. When she finds out she’s been tricked —that Stephen doesn’t really care for her—she’s going to be so hurt. But, hey, until then, she’s caught herself a hunk—on her first go-round!—and she’s having fun. She’s having sex with the Man from Atlantis and Bobby Ewing all rolled into one!

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

FINALLY! I wanted Stephen and Pam back when she was first tourturing Donna. I thought that would have been some good conflcit for them as a couple and Donna as his daughter. Too abd they waited so long when the height of their feud has died down. Wow a dream pairing of mine on this show that will actually come true. Cant wait!

Ha! I found this post I wrote 2 years ago about how I originall envisioned it: Link

• Members

Yes! Ive been waiting 2 years for this! Stephen and Pam have the making of supercouple. Senior citizens need loving too....lol. Long live Stem!

I just realized that Pam is set on a blind date with Jarret. Um dont they have gaydar in LA?

• Members

I dunno, Alley, Patrick, and Susan are interesting actors and there is something bizarre and campy old movie about this kooky old maid finally turning in her V card. Again, I don't watch the show enough to fairly judge the track record, but I'll admit that it's the actors involved that piqued my curiosity. And they never should have killed off Betty White, I imagine she'd have had some high-larious things to say about Pam's sewn together... knees.

Archived