Regis Philbin to host Daytime Emmys!

Eric83

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love Regis, but this choice feels a little "dated." :P I think they should've at least had Kelly co-host given her soap past. Let's just hope people watch period, can't say that I'm all that excited about the nominees.

• Members

At least CBS has an actual host this year, thanks to the production company in charge of this event. Every year Les Moonves is in charge of the event, there's no real, marquee host. Just someone to open and close the show. LAZY AND CHEAP!

Given the BETTY WHITE© hype, I'm surprised they didn't try hard to get her. She must've had a high pricetag.

• Members

Betty's never hosted anything before, has she (I mean like an awards show)? She seems to know most of her areas of strength; she turned down SNL for years and only the big fan campaign changed her mind.

I don't care for Regis as a game show host and I can't watch him on Live for long periods of time but he will probably be OK as the host for the Emmys. I'm surprised they didn't ask Julie Chen...

• Members

She's too dangerous. ;)

I like Regis, I just think the shine is off the whole "Regis!" thing. Someone mentioned Betty White, who is obviously St. Olaf's Woman of the Year. She made an appearance at last year's (or was it the year before?) Emmys and she rarely ever turns down job offers, she'd go to the opening of an envelope. But I think she's too big for the Daytime Emmys right now, and honestly she's probably not that interested in yet another hosting gig, she has poor vision and it makes her nervous having to rely on cue cards and prompters..

Archived